Anybody make Glove hammers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Anybody make decent glove hammers? Figured I would ask peeps from this board first. Its a ball on the end of a handle that you
use to break in gloves with.

Pm me

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
I made one out of a ball and a wooden dowel. I feel the all wooden ones are better being that they are heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2020
I made one out of an old ball and a cut down golf club handle. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2019
Anybody make decent glove hammers? Figured I would ask peeps from this board first. Its a ball on the end of a handle that you
use to break in gloves with.

Pm me
I made one from a baseball and cut off wooden mop handle that had a metal cap on the threaded end for breaking in baseball gloves. Just drilled a hole slightly smaller than the threaded end in a baseball, added a little gorilla glue and screwed it in. Has held up for many years and broke-in many gloves.

For softball gloves, I use a one handed swing trainer bat we already had on hand. Serves double duty as a training tool and a glove mallet! The specific one we have is a 21 inch Bamboo Bat you can pick up for $30-$40 bucks.

Oct 4, 2018
I have a 24" T-ball bat that I felt did well. Felt the right length and let me hit the pocket really hard. Was toying around with making one but never got around to it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I bought one off Amazon. I had a gift card for them so I made a couple purchases. Looked like a nice hefty wood
contraption so I have it coming. I have no time to make one although the ideas are there...hahaha

Oct 4, 2018
I bought one off Amazon. I had a gift card for them so I made a couple purchases. Looked like a nice hefty wood
contraption so I have it coming. I have no time to make one although the ideas are there...hahaha

Agreed. Sound kind of fun to drill into a softball and build something.

But not only do I have no time, I also have no glove to break in. :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13