Another left felder hit in the thigh

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
I have witnessed several left fielders hit directly in the thigh. By way of context in all cases the pitchers were throwing riseballs that did not rise and/or curveballs that lacked "late, sharp break" due to hello elbow mechanics. In at least two cases the HU was a flinching teenager. When are we going to mandate thigh pads for outfielders?

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I am sure that every hitter was using an ultra-hot composite bat. And I have to think that the team was coached by a parent that never played college softball, or even fastpitch for that matter and who probably lacked any proper certifications. Not only did the pitcher throw with HE they must be on a toboggan slide straight to an overuse injury for throwing so many pitches.

Last edited:

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
I have witnessed several left fielders hit directly in the thigh. By way of context in all cases the pitchers were throwing riseballs that did not rise and/or curveballs that lacked "late, sharp break" due to hello elbow mechanics. In at least two cases the HU was a flinching teenager. When are we going to mandate thigh pads for outfielders?

You guys are right....sorry

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
Cincinnati, Oh.

Shirley you jest........... I assume your name is Shirley.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I don't see it as a shot at the face mask thread. Rather some tongue in cheek satire of all of the daily rants on DFP. Take a breath and don't be so defensive.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2009
I'm sure it was a shot at all the face mask threads. Not sure why people just can't leave it at "it's a personal decision" and leave it at that.

Honestly, to riseball's point I was poking fun at all of the topics we discuss here. To be clear, I think this place is awesome and have been here for more years than I can remember but I don't always post. And actually the topics I was poking fun at actually get me riled at times and then I just laugh at myself for getting so worked up over a game my DD plays and loves. I was actually going to add something about rotational hitting in my OP but then I would have felt the full wrath of fury for my blasphemous ways. :)

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Moving along: Can anyone suggest the best college showcases for an 8U team? I have a couple pitchers throwing 8 pitches each at 60+ mph. I want to get the process going and have them verballed before we jump to 10U.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
Third apology. Not having a good day at work. Struggling to keep my team together as my players keep getting poached. Now that I have removed my head from my....well you know where....adding stuff about rotational hitting and turning the barrel would be hilarious..

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Third apology. Not having a good day at work. Struggling to keep my team together as my players keep getting poached. Now that I have removed my head from my....well you know where....adding stuff about rotational hitting and turning the barrel would be hilarious..

I know it is not much consolation but if other teams are after your players you must be doing something right. Keep the faith. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44