Alliance changed the age cut off to September 1st?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2024
Nebraska
I think it's highly likely that USSSA will change to 8/31 for the 2026 season. Like....highly likely. I would guess that would be effective starting August 15th, 2025.

Personally, I don't care if it's Marchtober 41st, as long as the large organizations align. August 15th, August 31st, or January 1st.....need to pick one and align. I've personally always thought August 31st made the most sense as it aligns with school years.

Jul 1, 2022
I think it's highly likely that USSSA will change to 8/31 for the 2026 season. Like....highly likely. I would guess that would be effective starting August 15th, 2025.

If this happens, what does this mean? That Jan-Aug bdays need to move up early? Or that Sept-Dec are allowed to stay down an extra year?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feb 20, 2024
Nebraska
If this happens, what does this mean? That Jan-Aug bdays need to move up early? Or that Sept-Dec are allowed to stay down an extra year?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
It would mean that Sept-December birthdays could stay down to play with classmates. For example, if you had a DD with a December birthday in her second year of 12U, they could classify to play 12U an additional year if they chose to. Currently, they can do that in other organizations such as USA but not USSSA.

I wouldn't take my unsubstantiated and anonymous post as fact by any means. But....yeah, I know a few directors who think this is happening.

Feb 3, 2023
USA, Triple Crown and Alliance have made the shift to Sept 1 already. Alliance currently and Triple Crown will start with all 2025 events.

USSSA appears will do it next season.

Kind of leaves PGF but I’ve heard they are going to merge with Alliance.

Hopefully by next fall, everyone will be on the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 17, 2023
USA, Triple Crown and Alliance have made the shift to Sept 1 already. Alliance currently and Triple Crown will start with all 2025 events.

USSSA appears will do it next season.

Kind of leaves PGF but I’ve heard they are going to merge with Alliance.

Hopefully by next fall, everyone will be on the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect Game was another that switched last year. Also believe a few smaller tournament orgs did as well.

Interesting about PGF/Alliance merger hadn't heard that.

scb

Jun 5, 2024
Trussville,al
In my area we received email saying usssa age cut off is aug.31st effective immediately. Only to be followed up by an email the next day saying nevermind sorry for the confusion, so I agree the change is coming but they don't even seem to know when.

Mar 15, 2024
I emailed the Executive Director of USSSA for our state. They replied that it will change to an August 31st cutoff for the 2026 season, which starts on September 1st 2025.