Adjustable Batting Helmets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2010
North Louisiana
Does anyone have experience with adjustable batting helmets? We're looking at outfitting our team with them.
Easton and Adidas both offer but the reviews I read indicated the tightening mechanism fails early and often. Our 12-U team has girls with heads of all sizes, tiny to huge :D. Would love to hear some real-world reviews from this forum, as well as other brands that you might be aware of. TIA!

Oct 10, 2011
My DD just tried on a new Schutt helmet last week and said it was the most comfortable helmet she has ever worn. It has some sort of gel pockets in it. The company sent several sizes for the girls to try on before he orders. I'm not sure if they are adjustable.

Apr 4, 2010
Tucson AZ
My dd has had the Adidas one for two years, playing year round. Still works perfectly. However she also doesn't adjust it constantly like I see a lot of the girls doing.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We got Eastons in May. They have Giro adjustment mechs in them. I have had several bike racing helmets before Giro, non held up, the giro still works great. Now the padding in the eastons...not looking so good.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD has worn Schutt helmets for the last 5 years. The make them is sizes and will also do special orders. My DD is 16, but needs an XXS helmet. They also make helmets with replaceable pads that are nice. I recommend ordering one is each of the sizes and fitting the players. I ordered for my DD team and most girls were in the XS-M range. I don't remember any of them needing the L.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We have had success using extra ear pad pieces to give each girl a custom fit for their helmet. A much cheaper solution than adjustable helmets!

Nov 27, 2010
DD has used a Schutt with a Rip-It mask for 5 years. Both have held up great. Just bought new Rip-It helmet for a new team because cheaper than mixing and matching again. Rip-It helmet mask is a must IMO.

DD has used a Schutt with a Rip-It mask for 5 years. Both have held up great. Just bought new Rip-It helmet for a new team because cheaper than mixing and matching again. Rip-It helmet mask is a must IMO.

Best combo out there IMO.
DD1 has a Schutt PT (I can't recall the model) since her MS days. Sophomore in college now. Still uses it for TB when practical and BP.

When anyone asks, this is what I recommend. Just go to a retailer and try on the various sizes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13