A softball discussion with my 4yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
No, this isn't about her playing 4u TB. :D My wife and I were discussing about signing her (DD#3) up for T-ball again this year. We asked her if she wants to play again and she got all excited. She said, "I'm going to hit the ball, run, and play in the dirt." :D

At least she's honest about her defensive abilities. haha We had a blast with T-ball last year and looking forward to another.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
No, this isn't about her playing 4u TB. :D My wife and I were discussing about signing her (DD#3) up for T-ball again this year. We asked her if she wants to play again and she got all excited. She said, "I'm going to hit the ball, run, and play in the dirt." :D

At least she's honest about her defensive abilities. haha We had a blast with T-ball last year and looking forward to another.

Cherish every moment. It goes by so fast.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
4yrs old? Have you signed her up with the clearing house yet? If not you're so behind the curve. Also ensure you get her into a good feeder program now. You already missed the fall but you still have the spring. Most importantly you have to get her a hitting, catching, pitching, fielding, running, and uniform coach and pay at least $90 an hour for lessons.

Good luck with T-Ball and I hope she has a great time.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I considered signing my 5yo granddaughter up, but it was $125.00, so I''ll just play with her at home. But, it sounds like your DD likes it. I hope she has fun.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
I considered signing my 5yo granddaughter up, but it was $125.00, so I''ll just play with her at home. But, it sounds like your DD likes it. I hope she has fun.

Ours is $45 for the 1st child, $25 for the second, and $20 for any others. We still have to pay a little for uniforms, but somewhere around $10 a kid. I'm on the BOD of our community league. We never want a kid to sit at home because it's too much money. Heck, I've paid many dues of other kids just so they'd play.

At 4yo, she wants to do what ever her older sisters do. So, she loves softball now. I hope it sticks, because as I've said before, I absolutely love every minute I get to spend with them. They don't ask Dad to help with their hair or make-up, but they come running to me for sports and outdoor activities. :D

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
4yrs old? Have you signed her up with the clearing house yet? If not you're so behind the curve. Also ensure you get her into a good feeder program now. You already missed the fall but you still have the spring. Most importantly you have to get her a hitting, catching, pitching, fielding, running, and uniform coach and pay at least $90 an hour for lessons.

Good luck with T-Ball and I hope she has a great time.

She's taking her ACT in April. :cool:

Jul 1, 2010
"At 4yo, she wants to do what ever her older sisters do. So, she loves softball now." Careful of the slippery slope. That's how DD2 got started. DD1 only played rec ball and enjoyed it immensely. Now, at 14, DD2 is still addicted and in a major way (can you say $$$?)

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
"At 4yo, she wants to do what ever her older sisters do. So, she loves softball now." Careful of the slippery slope. That's how DD2 got started. DD1 only played rec ball and enjoyed it immensely. Now, at 14, DD2 is still addicted and in a major way (can you say $$$?)

I'm ok with it. We're probably the only parents in our community that hasn't bought a video game system in the past 4 years. Meaning, we're going to spend the $$$ on them in some form, so I'd much rather it be doing something outdoors. lol

With 3 girls, anything that will have them to want to keep their old Dad involved more in their lives, I'm all in.

Jul 1, 2010
Sounds great. I don't regret a minute or dime we've spent. It's been a great ride so far. My wife tells me I'm going to be like a lost puppy when this one goes away to college.

Sep 18, 2011
We asked her if she wants to play again and she got all excited. She said, "I'm going to hit the ball, run, and play in the dirt." :D QUOTE]

Good for her to focus on hitting, baserunning and defense considering that most schools have already received commitments from 3 year old pitchers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207