A shocking answer from WORTH Lead Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
I would bet that Trena meant to hit "Forward" instead of "Reply." Sounds to me like she was trying to ask someone else in the company. You might want to reply to her and see if that's the case. You may get an apology from her.

This. I think that she was asking the question to someone else in the company who might know the information, and wasn't intending to be rude at all. Was there someone else that the email was sent to or cc'd?

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
This. I think that she was asking the question to someone else in the company who might know the information, and wasn't intending to be rude at all. Was there someone else that the email was sent to or cc'd?

Yeah I really hope that Ken and your assuption is correct even I don't see she cc'd to anyone else.

67774363.jpg

However she did sent me another mail. Maybe the first mail was meant to some one else (as Ken and you said) but accidently sent to me.

65127740.jpg

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
It looks to me like she meant to send this to someone else, she then realized her mistake and tried to catch it. A little education can go a long way to help someone understand. It might be smart to write her back and let her know why its important. It might make a difference in how they deal with information requests from other countries.

May 25, 2010
A little education can go a long way to help someone understand. It might be smart to write her back and let her know why its important. It might make a difference in how they deal with information requests from other countries.
I could not disagree with you more.

While any business benefits from knowing the needs of its potential customers, your response speaks directly to what I said about the focus being on the wrong thing.

The question the customer should've asked was 'does this bat contain any material derived from a pig?' Why he needs to know this is no one else's business - or concern - and it's a simple yes-or-no question. The sales rep's job is to know whether that need can be met, NOT why the need exists in the first place.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
A company can handle 1 question at a time, or they can understand the reason and then adapt a product to fit a religion or a culture.

With a simple yes no question, the answer might be yes it has swine leather on it.

With background information the answer might be, normally they have swine leather on them, but we can arrange to have them made otherwise. In fact a smart company would take this info and market their products in different countries with this necessary information.

As a businessman I want to know, why my customers ask a question. I think that if 1 person is asking, 100 more are not asking but still want to know. Every bit of information I can get on how people use my products and what is important to them the better I can serve them and the next person...

Jan 28, 2010
In my opinion they should have answered simply yes/ no and bovine/ swine on your question about the wrap material. I bought a few of those bats when my daughter first started playing (10U). Just beware that bat isn't going to last long at all and I found after putting them on a scale that they"re not near the weight stated on the bats. Much lighter.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
In my opinion they should have answered simply yes/ no and bovine/ swine on your question about the wrap material. I bought a few of those bats when my daughter first started playing (10U). Just beware that bat isn't going to last long at all and I found after putting them on a scale that they"re not near the weight stated on the bats. Much lighter.

Thanks 1st_&_3rd (and the others). What a relief..... I have ordered Rawlings Liquidmetal Gold and Big Stick from ebay :)

Mar 13, 2010
Reading that, it was meant to be sent to someone else. I didn't click as to why the leather would be an issue. I would let her know why you need to know and hopefully you will educate her :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd