A shocking answer from WORTH Lead Customer Service Rep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
Hi guys;

I just want to share this will you all. Today I sent an email to Worth asking for more information on Worth Insanity bat. This was what I wrote:

Dear sir;

I'm interested to buy a worth Insanity fastpitch softball bat . However I can't find any further info about the bat. I would like to know the specification of the bat esspecially the material used for the grip. Does it uses guinine leather. If yes may I know the source of the leather (either bowine or swine leather) please.

Good to hear from you soon. Thanks.

I really need to know the source of the grip leather bacause of religious factor (that prohibited me from using any product made of pigs) and I want to know any other infos about the bat specifications.

I have no such problem with other softball equipment manufacturers before. They gave full cooperation with satisfied answer. I don't know what's wrong with my email to WORTH. Maybe there are typo errors or grammatical errors (I know my English is not so good) that mislead them with my email.

Is it wrong to ask such question?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I would bet that Trena meant to hit "Forward" instead of "Reply." Sounds to me like she was trying to ask someone else in the company. You might want to reply to her and see if that's the case. You may get an apology from her.

May 25, 2010
Why not just cover or replace the original grip with a grip material of your choice?

That's just common sense, but I hope you get the bat you want.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I've done it before to my Louise Slugger Burgundy (after the original grip was torn out). I've regrip it with a new Easton grip. It is so different between using the original grip compare the new one where the original one is better (physically and psychologically).

Actually it's not only the matter of the grip that brought me to email Worth. I need to know other specifications (esspecially which alloy the bat is made of). I can't find any info or any customer review on it on the internet.

I had the same problem before with Rawlings Spectre Catcher Helmet. There's no info or review on it that I can find on the internet because it has been discontinued by the manufacturer. So I emailed Rawlings customer service and I got the info that I need.

What ever it is, I'm still waiting the answer from the service rep for an explanation.

May 25, 2010
I understand your point about the original grip being better in both the ways you acknowledged.

When it comes to softball equipment, though - and since you're new here and don't know me at all, I will admit that I know very, very little about the world of softball - I think the best thing to do is to look at the bat and try it out for yourself, either at a local shop or by borrowing one from a friend. I'm not sure how this particular bat got onto your radar, but you didn't make it seem like you live in an isolated location where you have to purchase on blind faith and hope a product meets your needs.

So, get your hands on the bat and if it feels right, go for it.

In regards to the religious issue you raised, I find things move a lot more smoothly when religion and sports are kept separate. You'll handle it however you want, but instead of focusing on playing with the game and having fun, I notice that you're worrying about other things...things which take away from your enjoyment of the game.

Your right, your choice...just sharing my unsolicited opinion.

Apr 25, 2010
SoftSoc, Zul doesn't live in the States. I am guessing that the grip material is a religious issue for most, if not all, of his team.

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
SofSocDad, it is difficult to find (thus try it out) any softball equipments in my country (Malaysia) since softball is not a popular game here. The only way to get them for our school team is via school sport equipments suppliers, where almost all of the equipments are made in China including the bats. I don't say China products are not good but in case of bats, you can feel the vibration/sting deep in your arms bones everytime you hit the ball. So, I deeply rely on comments and reviews from the internet before buying any softball equipments online.

And you're right when talking about keeping the game fun. Why I should bother the bat since there are other bats (a lot) that used synthetic leather, cowhide or any other materials that keep me away from worrying about it right? Just drop the Worth bat from the list and the problem gone.

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
I stand corrected on my presumption. Although you may not necessarily be in an isolated area, you are definitely isolated with respect to softball, so now I do understand.

Yep, just keep that focus on the game and you should be fine. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd