A duel in the sun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Inside: DD played against the MSDA pitcher last year in club ball. She is a very big girl (6'+ and very solidly built) and she is also a very good hitter. This girl visited D's school but MSDA has a much higher profile softball program than D's and the academics are similar.

The MSDA coach always has high profile players (several former team mates of DD) so handling the situation won't be something new. Her father will be the only thing holding her back if he doesn't learn to manage the process better

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The MSDA freshman does have a good bat to go with the arm and I wished she'd come to DD's school, MSMA.

The kid I was impressed with is the Pingry sophmore, Katie Marino. (Freshman verballed to ND) She is strong and pretty fast for a kid that only pitches during HS ball. Plays MI for her TB team and she has a very big bat.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Inside: Katie Marino & DD go at at annually in school ball; the next time DD wins will be the 1st. She is a very smart kid; Pingry then ND. There is no skating by the Admissions Office in South Bend, regardless of the sport.

I'd have been happy if the MSDA girl was at DD's school - same length commute, just a different direction on Bloomfield Avenue.