2012 Demarini CF5

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
My 12 year old daughter switched from her 2 year old 30 inch 20 oz rockettech to this years CF5 31 inch 21 oz by Demarini . The CF5 is definitely more balanced which brought her bat speed up even though the new bats heavier. She went from periodically 1 hopping the 200 ft left field fence to hitting the fence at least once every bucket. By the spray pattern of the balls id say she gained 10 to 20 feet per hard hit ball. Her grounders are hot! Infielders beware. Its upped her confidence and increased her bat speed.

Jan 24, 2011
Actually , I bet if you put them on a scale , the CF5 will weigh about the same or maybe even a little less than the Rocketech. The Demarini bats always seem to be a little under weight and the Rocketech a bit over sticker weight.

Apr 4, 2010
Lafayette, La
Rocketech only comes in -9. If you had a 30 rocketech then it was a 21 oz. When compared to the 21 oz Demarini, the Demarini will feel much lighter. Rocketeck is end loaded and the CF5 is balanced. CF5 INSANE is the only model demarini has end loaded.

Dec 7, 2011
After three cf4's I could not rationally buy another especially after seeing so many demarini's self-destruct last year through TB. (Maybe another five!)

I am in the upper Midwest but I had the bat warmer in full action almost all times.

The first cf4 ended abruptly but only after a couple months of questioning DD's swing because the ball would come off the bat dead.

The next two just had their power just fade away. It's frustrating to think of all the good shots DD had last year with a fading cf4......

We have gone the other direction and have our first rockettech.

(I'll be back later with my thoughts on maximum pop as a cf4 in it's prime is amazing)

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
We have a long season ahead of us which begins the second weekend of january. Hopefully the cf5 will survive . Her rockettech still hits shots after 2 seasons so there were no coplaints with its durability . Is there any other precautions she can take with the demarini?Should it be used just during games with limited batting practice? Does demarini honor there waranty and take care of their customers in a timely manner?

Dec 7, 2011
So the life cycle of the CF4 from my perspective, with a DD that plays HS and top TB:

1. First month break in before big bat pop occurs
2. Months 2-6 are the big pop months and are in warmer weather
3. In months 3-6 you see the outer paint chip and delaminate
4. Month 6-8 daddy starts to think "hmm, ya know DD hasn't really rocked one in a while....." (the start of the pop decay)
5. Months 8-12 are indoors and can't really tell the pop.
6. Month 13 daddy gets nervous about bat condition and gets a "backup"
7. Month 14 in HS it is apparent the bat is dead (warranty gone)

Anyone else see this too?

Precautions we took were no batting cages with it and we also kept it warm with pyroflite when below 50 or so.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Rocketech will be the only bat that my DD will ever own. She got hers about a month and there is a HUGE difference in how hard she hits the ball.

Rubber Biscuit, I don't think you are alone. I have heard more than one similar stories about composite bats in general.

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
For us...the proof is in the pudding. My 10 year old daughter also hit hot grounders and definately had a bit more distance hitting at the park yesterday . She normally swings a 28 inch easton synge. She is small for her age but very stronge. I told her the CF5 was to big(31inch). She is a plate crowder that looks for inside pitches to hit.She wants a TPX XENO.She needs to grow a bit.My 12 year old cant wait to swing her CF5 in a game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad