11u roster rotation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2024
12 girls on 11u team, half the girls new to travel ball. The team is is upper c lower b level.
Coach brought on 12 girls, 1 girl sat the bench 60% thru pool play and another 40%.
Both were not used during bracket play. Coach decided to only play 9 of the 12 girls.
Your thoughts..

Aug 22, 2023
If 11U C is not the time to develop these players, when is? And if the coach doesn't want to develop them, why did (s)he roster them? And why would parents feel loyal to such a coach?

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
🙂 pardon my bluntish response to this 🤏🥳
12 girls on 11u team, half the girls new to travel ball. The team is is upper c lower b level.
What does any of that describe?
imo Bunch of players that all need growth... basically not much differentiation in any of that. Simply that people that may have come from a City League may have had a fine experience before travel ball anyway. It's the talent level that's all in the same basket to me.

Coach brought on 12 girls, 1 girl sat the bench 60% thru pool play and another 40%.
Ok not horrid.
Both were not used during bracket play. Coach decided to only play 9 of the 12 girls.
Your thoughts..
My thought is a question.
What are all the other reasons that two players didn't play in bracket?

Particularly young kids have issues that flare up aka-
Suddenly feeling sick. Suddenly bizarre injury no one even knows about. Maybe they didn't show up at practice all week. But for a coach to pick a starting 9 that does happen. Maybe they are the weakest...? Maybe they are the player at practice that keeps letting pop-ups drop on the ground in front of them. So they were given some chance in pool play but haven't proved enough to earn a bracket game.

😏my kind response....
Stop being shocked that people use Win mentality strategies even at a younger division.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023
Misaligned expectations between coaches and players/families are painful, and everyone should ask lots of blunt questions before joining a team and coaches should provide honest answers. How coaches plan to utilize the lineup in pool and bracket is something everyone should ask.