10U tournament/ boy on a team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
So as an XX chromosome person I should exit?? Hmmmm. I think as an XX chromosome person MY opinion should matter a little more than an XY chromosome person in this convo.

That being said - I don't give a crap. My daughter doesn't give a crap. Yeah it's easy for us to say that because my kid plays at a high level and no XY chromosome person is going to take ANYTHING away from my XX chromosome kid. She is a baller and works even harder to get what she wants when there is competition. As an XX chromosome person who played bball as a teen and in college I relished the pickup games when I could pay with the XY guys. I didn't ask them to go easier - they made me better. FYI - we are discussing a 10U team - you have no idea what level. You have no idea how many teams are in that area. You have no idea how many girls that team had or if they needed that XY to even field a team for those other XX chromosome kids. Just being outraged because we are talking XY playing on an XX team seems crazy.
not saying anything about women exiting. IMO this entire thing is a 'taking' away for opportunities for women. you are 100% correct, i have no info as to 10u team, location, zero. However, again IMO, you start down the slope of taking away opportunities from women, where does it end?????

what's next, the women's fastpitch team that wins state title with 2 men on it? 3? 6? 9?

That's my only point.

Aug 6, 2013
not saying anything about women exiting. IMO this entire thing is a 'taking' away for opportunities for women. you are 100% correct, i have no info as to 10u team, location, zero. However, again IMO, you start down the slope of taking away opportunities from women, where does it end?????

what's next, the women's fastpitch team that wins state title with 2 men on it? 3? 6? 9?

That's my only point.
Well now there are rules in place that prevent that in most places - I'm guessing in this location (at that age) that rule was not in place. Like Tim_s said - his daughter plays coed soccer. Heck in t-ball it was all coed when my kids were little. We see plenty of girls playing "boys" sports. As a woman I believe in equal opportunities within the rules. If the rules suck then I believe in advocating for change. I do not believe in the "what ifs" I mean you will drive yourself crazy with the "what ifs" that usually never happen. And before we start working ourselves up because it HAS happened to other women in other sports I will say while it is unfortunate that was the rule set and now they are working to advocate for change.

As far as my exiting comment it was only based on your black and white statement that anyone who thinks it's ok for boys to play on girl's teams should exit the room. I don't believe any opportunities are taken away from anyone if you work hard and fight for yourself - that's just me and that's how I raised my kids, my sons and daughter. I'm not getting torqued up about this topic and ironically I am a woman - that's my point.

Jun 20, 2015
Well now there are rules in place that prevent that in most places - I'm guessing in this location (at that age) that rule was not in place. Like Tim_s said - his daughter plays coed soccer. Heck in t-ball it was all coed when my kids were little. We see plenty of girls playing "boys" sports. As a woman I believe in equal opportunities within the rules. If the rules suck then I believe in advocating for change. I do not believe in the "what ifs" I mean you will drive yourself crazy with the "what ifs" that usually never happen. And before we start working ourselves up because it HAS happened to other women in other sports I will say while it is unfortunate that was the rule set and now they are working to advocate for change.

As far as my exiting comment it was only based on your black and white statement that anyone who thinks it's ok for boys to play on girl's teams should exit the room. I don't believe any opportunities are taken away from anyone if you work hard and fight for yourself - that's just me and that's how I raised my kids, my sons and daughter. I'm not getting torqued up about this topic and ironically I am a woman - that's my point.
understood and you raise good points.

May 20, 2015
knowing this ago group and youth sports......do we know if the boy has struggles, and the only way to get him to participate in something was if he was on a team with his sister/cousin/neighbor classmate? or some other circumstance that made this the best choice for all?

we don't

but we all (present company included) tend to take some of this stuff way too seriously

a bunch of 10 year olds played a game and had fun doing so.......let's leave the overly serious stuff for when it matters......like 12u

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma