would you or wouldnt you

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

would you send runner from 1B

• yes

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • no

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Waited to see what ya'all might come up with.
Interesting thinking processes'es:)
Many...
Focussed on that runner from 1st going to 2nd.

Me, looking at that lead runner as an out~
Count is 2-2 to a hot hitter.
Runner at first does whatever hussle sprint jogs to 2nd...
Pitching nothing hittable
(*pitching only where the batter needs to make a big adjustment)
* i'm going catchers back pick immediatly to 3rd.
No hesitation.

The runner on 3rd is the priority runner.
Get her OUT!

Throw to 3rd shortest throw.
Quickest pop time to 3rd.
Because 3rd base plays down the line and runner comes off the bag down the line.
Throw it to 3rd baseman just as runner needs to turn back.
ZAP
Lets go hit!

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
And my offensive strategy is

A little razzle dazzle....
Just as catcher on the other team throws the ball back to the pitcher...
Now pitcher has the ball...
Runner from 1st jog sprints to 2nd.
Pitcher can decide what she wants to do. :) lol

Put pressure on the pitcher 👍

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Question was whether or not offense should send runner from 1st so MANY of us followed directions... ;)
Yeah sometimes just POST a comment to get people thinking...

Thanks for following

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
A little different scenario but similar. Bottom of the 9th. Runners on 1st and 3rd. Home team is down 5-3. Tying run is on 1st. 1 out. 1B runner attempts to steal 2b(straight steal) DD guns the runner out at 2B(2outs now). No razzle dazzle. Runner at 3B does not move. Two pitches later-batter K's. Game over. I have video, but don't know how to embed it.

ETA: Funny that RAD used the term Razzle Dazzle the very same time I did. I was typing when you posted. LOL.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Even with 1st and 3rd or just if they steal? With it being 1st and 3rd the dropoff would have to be pretty significant..a blooper likely wins it with the bases loaded.
And there's where the gambling comes in to play, the coach wears it either way! I just don't want the girl who has already proven she owns my pitchers to beat me, let someone else be the hero!

Jun 8, 2016
And there's where the gambling comes in to play, the coach wears it either way! I just don't want the girl who has already proven she owns my pitchers to beat me, let someone else be the hero!
I suppose..I would need to know what kind of hitter the kid behind the hot hitter was before I would decide to put the winning run on second. I mean the batter in front of Bonds may have gone 4-4 that game but I don't think I would put the winning run on second for Bonds.. :p

radness

Dec 13, 2019
A little different scenario but similar. Bottom of the 9th. Runners on 1st and 3rd. Home team is down 5-3. Tying run is on 1st. 1 out. 1B runner attempts to steal 2b(straight steal) DD guns the runner out at 2B(2outs now). No razzle dazzle. Runner at 3B does not move. Two pitches later-batter K's. Game over. I have video, but don't know how to embed it.

ETA: Funny that RAD used the term Razzle Dazzle the very same time I did. I was typing when you posted. LOL.
GO DEFENSE!!! 👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd