Whip Hit hitting issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
DD tried hitting with Whip Hit for first time. It was a disaster. What are the most common mechanical flaws that prohibit success with this device ??

Oct 16, 2008
SE Michigan
In my experience, two handed whip swings often expose a lack of balance and coordination between the front side and the back side...in other words front and back do not work together. I would suggest using whip-it initially with front arm swings only...learn how move the knob from near the back shoulder to finish near the front ear with the front hand/arm/shoulder such that you can control the barrel (the ball) colliding with the ball (tee first then soft front toss). With progress, add the back hand and try to maintain the same smooth control of the barrel...let the front side control knob movement and see if you can use the back side to add speed by turning the barrel without disrupting the barrel path controlled by the front side...my $.02.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
DD tried hitting with Whip Hit for first time. It was a disaster. What are the most common mechanical flaws that prohibit success with this device ??

I use it most of the time during lessons

Very hard to use starting out. I would start with lead arm swings only.
You figure your hitting a round ball with a round ball. You have to have an underneath release to hit it straight up the middle with a center tee location.
Most girls hit the ball left for a right handed hitter.
Abit of the casting out, circular swing causes this.
Grounders means your upper body is ahead.

The girl in the video can drive balls with this device doing soft toss. She hammers them up the middle. Takes a whole lot of practice to be able to do this.

This device will help you have a better hand path and release. IMO
Casey can drive them up the middle with her lead arm, but she has used it quite a few times.

Most girls really dont like it starting out. But they all get it over time

Straightleg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2011
Its a simple fix, hopefully :). Misses are caused by not staying on plane with the ball. With what small handle there is, its angle must point at the ball as it whips by.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG