what base to go too?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
California
Good job Coach. Keep it up. It can be frustrating because you may not see results, yet. They're just a little young to be executing consistently. But, you're setting them up to be better, smarter players.

I'm sure you'll be happily surprised when very soon, they'll be on defense and there's an overthrow. Other team's base coach is aggressive and sends the runner and your player is backing up and the runner gets thrown out. It'll be on of those, "Hey, I guess they're getting it!" moments. Those are the ones that make it all worth it.

Apr 1, 2010
We've got the "Where's the play?" CD-ROM. --Not that DD will deign to play it anymore, but it was good for her when she was little.

Also, I know this has been said many times before, but at their age, each player needs to be telling herself BEFORE the pitch is made, where she's going to throw the ball if it comes to her. I don't see anything wrong with having a player or coach yell something like "Infield throws to first. Outfield throws to second" every pitch or every new batter. The spectators will just have to live with the repetition. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA