Video analysis software - Choices?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 14, 2011
I have a couple of apps (Ubersense & Slow Pro) that allow me to record and view videos in slow motion. I use them to show my DD videos of her batting lessons. I believe this has helped her improve by her seeing for herself what she is doing and not doing. I'm a firm believer that in the "feel is not real" philosophy. Sometimes you need to see what you are doing wrong. For my DD, she has become a self critic of her swing, helping her become a better hitter.

I have also used Powerchalk software online. While I like this software better than the two mentioned earlier, you must log online to post your videos and to mark them up is quite slow and cumbersome. I am looking for software that you can download to your laptop or iPad and do the same things that Powerchalk allows. Do I have any options?

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
Not what you're probably looking for but something I just got on my iPhone (and it's a free app) is 'Sklzcam' - not much for options but works good for instant feedback at practices and such. Has an easy to use dial for slo-mo replay. You can also use video that wasn't recorded thru the app. Hope that helps somebody!!

Jan 5, 2014
We use Coaches Eye on the iPad. The last couple of generations of iPad capture the video at 60 fps. Super easy to mark up and share. Has a new version for PC that is still kinda beta and an Android version I've never used. Doesn't cost much and I think it's way worth it.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Not what you're probably looking for but something I just got on my iPhone (and it's a free app) is 'Sklzcam' - not much for options but works good for instant feedback at practices and such. Has an easy to use dial for slo-mo replay. You can also use video that wasn't recorded thru the app. Hope that helps somebody!!

We gave it a try on DD's iPhone... Liked it Thx Again

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/5snwlxCDCUc?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/5snwlxCDCUc?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
The last couple of generations of iPad capture the video at 60 fps.
how can you tell? My iPad was 1 year old in December 2013. it has the retina display and 64GB of storage.

I got Ubersense and a Golf app called Swing Plane HD. In the settings for Swing plane you can select 30, 60 or 120 FPS but it says my device isn't configured for anything beyond 30 FPS. I still think of it as new....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA