Teaching hitting Carrier/Bustos approach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2024

Here is a 6th grader, plays PGF tournaments. She is number 1 or 2 on every team she plays for. She plays at the highest level

Nice swings, some inhibitors in this video IMO are forward torso at contact and I believe she stays back at contact. The other thing I believe is helpful to me is that I never evaluate a swing unless it’s against live pitching or a random pitching machine. By random, I mean, a machine that throws a different pitch every time, without the hitter knowing what’s coming. Same thing with a live pitcher.

Aug 20, 2017
I think she has a little of the torso forward due to where the ball is tossed. I like the swing! It’s pretty tight. I like the front foot synced with the upper stretch rearwards. If she can duplicate this swing live she’s gonna be really good.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nice swings, some inhibitors in this video IMO are forward torso at contact and I believe she stays back at contact. The other thing I believe is helpful to me is that I never evaluate a swing unless it’s against live pitching or a random pitching machine. By random, I mean, a machine that throws a different pitch every time, without the hitter knowing what’s coming. Same thing with a live pitcher.

I use the iPad to get a good side view of the hitter and the pitchers delivery in games. You need the entire story and timing the pitcher is Very important.

IMG_0123.jpeg

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
My guru is Hank Aaron, 👍🥎🥎🥎

This is geared at a swing flaw, although it’s what Hank said in his book.

The coiled spring is not creating separation.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad