Tryouts... Opinions needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Really, there isn't enough information to say much, so I will ask a question instead.

This is probably the hardest thing for a player and parent to face honestly. We all know that every kid is unique. We all know that each child is filled with potential, dreams, and energy. I remember dreaming about being a NFL quarterback when I was a kid but I'm 5'5 and 150lbs - guess what I'm not doing for a living? You even see it in every sport that everyone has a different level of potential and abilities. Some players plain and simple are better than others. I've seen kids even at the high school level who looked great as freshman but never progressed much further and by their junior year were cut. Why? Sometimes other distractions (boys) but sometimes the kid topped out.

It is really difficult to sit back and honestly know if DD is as good as we as parents want to believe. My DD is better than the average kid right now but she's not a super stud that school like Arizona or Florida is looking for. Are colleges looking at her? Yes. Ohio State? Michigan? UCLA? No. But that's okay.

Maybe what's starting here is a transition from pitching to another spot. Maybe she is topping out at pitching and should start looking at other positions.

No offense intended, just a thought...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA