The Blue Monster - swing correction device

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I eat Wheaties made me a great hitter! www.gotbustos.com Shows current things she believes in. The above is old and many endorse things for money! I have known her for 8 years and she has never used it in any clinic I have worked with her. Agree with lhowser. We all know why he posted it, find it anywhere on her current site?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
BattingArea_zps0b40af2e.jpg

I bought one from Eric to support him. I dont use it for what it was intended for. High tee only.
Eric I believe travels with a semi-pro team as their hitting instructor. Living the dream :D

With a slight upward angle, you could teach someone to stay tilted all the way through the swing with the correct bat angle. Elbow above hands/hands above barrell. Work high tee/low tee
If you did not maintain the tilt/angle,(low tee) the bat would bounce off the bars.
High tee, if you dropped your hands, bar bouncing.....
Be better to start out with a practice bat:rolleyes:

I have never done this but you could blindfold the hitter, load and swing through the tee and see if everything cleared. You could do the Matrix....Then the blindfold
It would give the hitter a feeling.
Might try it with Casey and film it with her current swing. Just to see if it works..... She is coming home this weekend and wants a lesson.:cool:

SL

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I eat Wheaties made me a great hitter! GotBustos.com Shows current things she believes in. The above is old and many endorse things for money! I have known her for 8 years and she has never used it in any clinic I have worked with her. Agree with lhowser. We all know why he posted it, find it anywhere on her current site?

SBF ... please clarify. What I hear in the video clip is ... "Hi, my name is Crystl Bustos and I use the Instructo Swing. I’m a two time Olympic Gold Medalist. I’ve used this for a number of years to train my athletes and to train myself." Are you suggesting that this isn't factual?

video

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I will let Gerry (SL) update the information. Just got an E Mail from Howard Carrier (hitter) and the correct info, since he was involved in the newer version. First version was a piece of junk. We don't use it because we mark our nets.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Some History on the Blue Monster

I will tell you one reason why I supported Eric, it was also to support Howard.

Howard came up with the adjustable base so it could be set at any angle verses the preset angle which only allowed you too swing down.
This allowed the 8 to 12 degree perfect up swing. Howard also designed the top tee placement.

Howard and CB did use it and every kid that came to Howards used it at one time.
Howard then came up with the marks on the net to monitor ball flight. It was at that point, I believe Howard and Bustos quit using the instructo at clinics and went with the marked nets.

In my photo above you can see my marked net for ball flight.

A kid that does not have a coach or a marked net gets a pass or fail swing as the bars do its job. So the products does work since it has been modified.

Howard and Crystal had a station set up so kids, parents and coaches could see the swing plane visually and yes they used to blindfold kids at clinics. That is where I saw it done. At a clinic and in Howards garage

Howard used it with Team China and the newspaper people even looked at the blind fold to see if it had holes in it.. Seen a newspaper article at Howards one time about it. Kinda impressed them.

Another fact.
Carol Hutch used it when they won the college world series.

Anyway some history on the product

Straightleg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG