The Blue Monster - swing correction device

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A week or so ago there was a thread asking for advice on how to prevent a batter from dropping her hands. I do not know the official name of this device or who makes it, but our players have nicknamed it "The Blue Monster". It is great, but I would recommend using an old "beater" bat with it!!!

Blue Monster.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
The tilt should be the other way. Slight uphill swing
It is called an Instructo swing. Eric Laskie invented it...friend of mine

SL

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Not a fan either... it teaches a downward path swing. Some people swear by this style, and to each his own, but I think good old fashioned long tee work will do the trick for a ton less money!

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
I don't think it is a good training tool. I would consider the following less expensive, easier to transport ideas:

1. A deep tee slightly above knee height and just below armpit to teach getting on bat plane early (try to hit line drives up the middle).

2. A string 40' long with a wiffle attached. Mount one end the height of the pitchers hip and connect the other end to various heights in the strike zone. Practice staying long in the zone with the barrel following the string.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This item has been improved greatly in the last 15 years. I haven't tried their new models, but it was the original that only allowed a linear swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC