Team Cost for the year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
Wow! Don't these teams do any fundraising?

Our team gets sponsors to pay the bulk of expenses. Sign up fee is only $300, but most of that can be raised by selling raffle tickets to various prizes we've had donated. Plannded play is a fall league, a fall tournament and 7 or 8 spring/summer tournaments (total somewhere around 50 games). Each player gets 2 uniforms plus some extras (tee shirts, hoodies, etc.) I'm sure the total cost per player will work out to a lot, but sponsorship/fundraising will cover almost everything. Out of pocket expenses will be limited to travel and personal equipment.

Jul 28, 2008
Wow! Don't these teams do any fundraising?

I do, but I quote the actual cost. I tell the parents if you want to pay that and be done, then great. If they want to fund raise and bring the cost down, they will have that opportunity. In the past, I took fundraising dollars and sponsorships into the cost of play. Then what I found is that some families refuse to pull their weight.

The way I do it now is much easier. Don't want to participate and you pay more. The kid who sells the most raffle tickets, gets to take more money off of her player fees. Sponsorships come directly off of their player fees and nobody gets bent out of shape.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
We fundraise and offer sponsorship opportunities to people who want to take advantage of those. Some people pay for their whole season through fundraising and sponsors, some just opt to pay the bill and not do anything more.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
How much are the tournaments in your area??? The average ASA tournament here is $450. Which means if you were here, you would be paying $7,200 to play 16 tournaments. There goes the budget.

Our indoor facility fee alone is $6,600 for the year divided amongst 11 families. 600 bucks and you get 16 tournaments. We get indoor training 2x a week.

The west coast is such a rip-off. :mad:
We just joined the org. this year, but I don't believe they played any ASA tourneys last season. $400 is a pricey tourney in our area. Most tourneys come in around $300. And you can even find them down around the $200 range. These are not rec tourneys. Of course the cheaper tourneys are the non sanctioned one. We have started hosting 3 tourneys a year,here in our lil So Il town that draws the best teams in our area. Last fall we even drew a couple of the older "elite teams like the Southern Force. Our entry fee, $300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach