Taunting the pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Taunting the pitcher is bush league and I have not seen it in a year or two. Good umpires will put a stop to it.

May 18, 2009
A team screamed at my DD while her arm was coming down the path to release. It startled her and she released the pitch into the ribcage of the batter. It made a real deep sounding thud. That was the last time they did it. Our coach admonished them for getting their own player hurt. We've also had the same team call our girls names and refuse to shake hands after we beat them. Horrible sportsmanship and not what sports is about.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
A team screamed at my DD while her arm was coming down the path to release. It startled her and she released the pitch into the ribcage of the batter. It made a real deep sounding thud. That was the last time they did it. Our coach admonished them for getting their own player hurt. We've also had the same team call our girls names and refuse to shake hands after we beat them. Horrible sportsmanship and not what sports is about.

That's too funny. Good job by the coach.

May 7, 2013
Seymour, In
Over the weekend in our Babe Ruth state tourney, there were several teams that would call out chants to the pitcher. We got warned about it last year and made sure from that time out, nobody would single out a position. Only allowed to chant/cheer their own team members.

Oct 19, 2009
I would have our pitchers pitch in practice and have the rest of the team in the dugout taunting her to get the pitchers used to this happening. It always seemed to happen once or twice a year so I tried to prepare the pitchers for when it did.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Its specifically written inot our local 10U allstars rules that screaming/chanting must cease while pitcher is in contact w the rubber.

The only reason the rule exists is to stifle the poor sportsmanship of one local team.

In games we played against this team before this rule was instated, all the screaming seemed to distract our catchers way more than it did our pitchers, FYI.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2013
If you want my DD to pitch her very best and become nearly unhittable, Taunt her,,,,Please

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Oregon
We had a team (12u) screaming as the arm was coming down this weekend, I asked DD later, she had no idea they were doing it. The only thing she pays attention to besides the next pitch is what the base coaches tell the batters (incredible how much info she gets on what each hitter's issues are).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32