T-Work

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
1) When using the hitting Tee, it seems that most of my girls hit the ball to opposite field. Is that because they are setting up with hitting tee lined up in the center? Not sure if I am explaining myself correctly with that but they set up
with the hitting tee in the center of the plate and it aligns right up the middle of their body.

2) Is there a proper way to have then set up when using it. I tell them to stand in the box where they normally stand.

DD's instructor has the girls stand in their usual spot in the box, but move the tee around to nine different spots depending upon the height of the pitch (high, middle, low) and whether it's inside, middle or outside. She wants the tee to be set up furthest out for a high inside pitch and deepest for a low outside pitch. IMO your girls should never be plunking the tee down in the middle of the plate and swinging away. They need to build their muscle memory of where to contact the different pitches.

By the way, the only time DD lines the tee up with the middle of her body is when she's working on outside pitches and she does hit those to right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06