So happy I could cry

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
In fact I am right now!

As I said earlier I was the assistant coach of my s tate team over here. I learnt a lot in the week we went away, the most important bit being that I have a LOT to learn. I really hope I get the opportunity next year again and to keep learning.

They've just announced the A ussi e junior squads and three of our girls made it! (plus girls from the older team as well) Sitting here at work bawling my eyes out right now at work. So, so, so proud of those girls who worked their tooshes off and are now getting their rewards.

Mar 13, 2010
Chalk one up for the good guys. Nice work, Coach.

Wish I could take credit but these girls have been s tate players for three/four years. I had little to do with it. I'm just so happy for the,!

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Lozza, "there's no crying in softball!" What city do you live in? I met some of the girls on the Aussie National Team in Oklahoma City this past July. Boy was it hot, unless of course you are from Alice Springs :) They were a bunch of great girls. Now I might get in trouble for this, but almost the entire team made my "long and lanky all-stars"! They were very athletic and tall girls compared to our focus on a rather robust "Amazonian" team. The Japanese and Aussies were pretty to watch play. They glided across the playing field!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
There is nothing better than seeing hard work and committment pay off :)

Congratulations to your girls!

Mar 13, 2010
Lozza, "there's no crying in softball!" What city do you live in? I met some of the girls on the Aussie National Team in Oklahoma City this past July. Boy was it hot, unless of course you are from Alice Springs :) They were a bunch of great girls. Now I might get in trouble for this, but almost the entire team made my "long and lanky all-stars"! They were very athletic and tall girls compared to our focus on a rather robust "Amazonian" team. The Japanese and Aussies were pretty to watch play. They glided across the playing field!

I'm from Perth. Leigh, Jodie and Christina are the girls from my state. Very knowledgable and all three give heaps back.

And I am chucking some snags on the barbie as it's Australia Day today!

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
Verity Long-Droppert! How do you forget a name like that? Is she your neighbor? I know she is from the Perth area. She is one of the gazelles I was talking about on the National Team.

Congratulations on your achievement! I have sat and watched my students play before. I wasn't coaching, but I enjoyed it just as much seeing them out there knowing they had made it! Good luck this next season in Worlds!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma