Sac Bunt Success Percentages

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Does anyone know of a resource for college ball that tracks successful sac bunt percentages? Meaning the % of times the runner is advanced and % of time that runner scores?

Thanks,

Ray

Jul 28, 2008
Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I am sure someone can take a SWAG at the success percentage of a sacrifice bunt, as a coaching staff we are more interested in evaluating each situation individually. Who is the runner on 1st? How fast is she? Can she steal on this pitcher/catcher without a sacrifice? Who is the next batter? Is she a good bunter? Could she bunt for a hit? Is she a good contact hitter? What is the defense giving us? Is the 3B inside the bag? 1B? What is the score of the game? How good is the team we are playing? Could one run win or lose this game? What inning is it? What is the significance of the game?

Rather than overall as others suggest it should be dependent on the situation, plus how many runners score from second on a single in BB vs FP? The other thing is if it is not a sac bunt for home where you have to make 100% sure you make contact I would assume most girls are not making a sac but are also bunting for a hit.

Personally I am not a big fan in general but given the right scenario it has to be something you practice and can execute when needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODorr