Post Game Awards

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Best thing I ever saw,was at tournament,where each team got 3 medals,to give to the other team for what they felt was the best player on each team,only one given a game.They did this in pool play,it means more from your peers,that you don't know, then from the coach and players on your own team.

My DD has three of those pool game mvp medals for softball (and one for soccer) hanging in her room. She's been playing mostly ASA, which doesn't seem to do them, but she's been to a couple of U-trip tournaments that had the teams award them to a player from the opposing team. They aren't fancy medals at all, but they mean a lot to her.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will go back to the way I was originally doing it (giving out one or two per game) but do a better job explaining to the players and parents why I'm doing it.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
Why limit it to 1 or 2 a game? Give out as many as are EARNED. I have been giving out helmet stickers for 4 years now. Never once had a problem with the girls or the parents. Each year we set different guidelines for what will earn stickers. For example when we were 10U every fly ball or ground ball out they got was worth a sticker....but that wasn't the case at 12U and so on.

This year our emphasis is power hitting so we are taking away being able to get stickers for singles...you must get at least a double to get a sticker, home runs are worth 2 (a triple and an error is not a HR). Our other emphasis is "getting dirty"....similar to the HUSTLE awards other people had mentioned. They also get a sticker for every RBI and every game we win EVERYONE gets a sticker.

I think that if you clearly lay out the guidelines to the girls you won't have any problems. I have also told the girls that they are free to ask me if they thought they should have got one and didn't. Because sometimes I forget things :)