Please contribute to coaching details

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Always teach your catchers with the tieing run on 3rd with 2 outs and the batter takes a full swinging bunt 4 feet up the 3B line, to watch the ball stay fair as the runner goes past....

May 7, 2008
Tucson
LOL. I don't think that this is what the OP wanted!

I guess I could add - always carry just one catcher and have her catch every game all year long. Never have anyone else catch. Then, when you get to the WCWS and your catcher hyperextends her arm, ask for volunteers from the bench.
I had to wonder who had been doing the bullpen catching all year, but maybe they were using men.

Jul 28, 2008
When the batter shows bunt, infielders need to CREEP forward until the ball is bunted. THEN SPRINT to their proper positions for fielding and getting the out.

Apr 20, 2010
Lol

Not exactly what I thought this thread would be, but within the sarcasm and the observations are some good teaching points. I would rather they be phrased a little more positively, but good info is good info.

Apr 13, 2010
Always teach your catchers with the tieing run on 3rd with 2 outs and the batter takes a full swinging bunt 4 feet up the 3B line, to watch the ball stay fair as the runner goes past....

That ones better, but I always like the one where the first baseman fields the bunt and instead of tagging the runner (in this case that's an option) they turn around and launch the ball over the 2nd basemen's head at first.

Jul 28, 2008
That ones better, but I always like the one where the first baseman fields the bunt and instead of tagging the runner (in this case that's an option) they turn around and launch the ball over the 2nd basemen's head at first.

Next time you're watching one of my games, come and introduce yourself!

Oct 25, 2009
in a pickle situation, the baserunner should run directly at the glove - the defender/receiver of the throw should step out as necessary to provide clear line of vision between thrower and receiver.

I try to learn something every day. This is it for today! Thank you! I never thought about that—running at the glove.

Oct 25, 2009
One of the best times to pick the runner off of first is when the bases are loaded. Sometimes you'll get the runner coming home also because of her surprise and late start to home.

Jan 15, 2009
LOL. I don't think that this is what the OP wanted!

I guess I could add - always carry just one catcher and have her catch every game all year long. Never have anyone else catch. Then, when you get to the WCWS and your catcher hyperextends her arm
or hits a ball into her own face
, ask for volunteers from the bench.
or just ask her to keep playing (ala Baylor) and ignore the fact that she has a fractured face

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi