Planetary Rotation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
This is wrong approach. You will end up with a forced palm down, which is no more useful than a high elbow finish. Palm down finish is a natural result of internal rotation for SOME pitchers.... Coaching palm down finish is same as coaching high elbow finish in my book... useless in best case... detrimental in worst case. Let her finish naturally, and focus on what actually influences the ball, before release.
Yep. Agree. Don't try to finish a certain way.... in this case palm down. Backchain and understand what makes the palm finish palm down or wavey palm like the videos posted earlier and it happen naturally. Focusing on the finish doesn't work.

Good post @wheresmycar!

S3

Feb 25, 2020
Yep. Agree. Don't try to finish a certain way.... in this case palm down. Backchain and understand what makes the palm finish palm down or wavey palm like the videos posted earlier and it happen naturally. Focusing on the finish doesn't work.

Good post @wheresmycar!

S3

I think you should let them know it is OK to finish that way. But I agree dont force it. I think a majority will finish that way if they are getting the best IR though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles