New manual for male coaches to help understand female players better

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Wife #1- I really thought I knew women
Wife #2- I figured my first wife was nuts
Wife #3- I now know all women are nuts
DD's 1-3- God is just plain old messing with me now.

Feb 9, 2009
HAHAHA!!! That was funny!
Personally, I don't think guys should be able to coach unless they can:
A) put a girl's hair back into her ponytail that she had to take out to be able to wear her batting helmet.
B) recite at least 5 cheers from memory
C) remove stud earrings from an ear that was just recently pierced.
D) believe that sometimes crying after a strikeout really does help.
E) not be shocked when the girls have burp contests in the dugout.
F) discriminate the difference between "Coach, I have to go to the bathroom" and "Coach, I have to go to the Baaaaaath rooooom"
G) Agree that butterflies really are pretty.

Jan 15, 2009
I don't find this type of thing funny across the gender lines. I say it over and over.

Become a better coach, and it works for boys and girls. Boys are different now then when the men who post on this board were boys. Stop using stereotyped cliches.

If you don't want to be questioned for being a male coach who doesn't belong in a female-dominated sport (this does happen, see Big 10 softball, or even on this board, some men are concerned about that) then...

Just let this type of silly comments about girls and women go please.

There are differences between any two groups of kids, boys/girls/young/old. I used to coach boys and girls sports and gravitated towards the girls sports mainly because of the shortage of volunteers for girls sports in our area. I'm making the transition back to boys sports now that I'm no longer coaching my daughter and I'm finding that everything I learned about coaching "girls" in terms of communication, discipline, respect, and integrity apply regardless of gender. I can be just as bewildered by an atypical 13 year old boy as I was by an atypical 13 year old girl. Most of the time coaching boils down to figuring out to communicate to that last 10% that you can't get through to conventionally.

HAHAHA!!! That was funny!
Personally, I don't think guys should be able to coach unless they can:
A) put a girl's hair back into her ponytail that she had to take out to be able to wear her batting helmet.
B) recite at least 5 cheers from memory
C) remove stud earrings from an ear that was just recently pierced.
D) believe that sometimes crying after a strikeout really does help.
E) not be shocked when the girls have burp contests in the dugout.
F) discriminate the difference between "Coach, I have to go to the bathroom" and "Coach, I have to go to the Baaaaaath rooooom"
G) Agree that butterflies really are pretty.

LOL, What an awesome list! I agree with all of them, however, even as a dad of 2 daughters, I could not learn how to do a ponytail (or even fix one) if my life depended on it... :)

Jun 9, 2011
Just a note: That manual has to be that big to contain the pictures, so the males can understand it. However it has failed to improve the males understanding of the female mind due to the fact that the men keep looking for the centerfold photo and don't actually pay attention to the true meaning of the manual.:cool:

Wow! Brutal.

Do you think that book might have a centerfold:)

Nov 1, 2009
Screwball, do you really think the comment you made was reasonable? I have read hundreds of your posts and remembered that once you were considering leaving coaching because people are so mean spirited. I will give you nickels worth of free advice and that would be to quit taking yourself so seriously. Laugh when it's funny and don't when it's not. Why would you waste one second of your life commenting on something so insignificant in the scope of your life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles