New manual for male coaches to help understand female players better

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
249253_212891785410566_100000692395781_681092_3781854_n.jpg

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Very funny! I will say the most important bit of knowledge that I have taken from this board was this quote. "Boys have to play good to feel good and girls have to feel good to play good." I can't remember who posted this, but thank you.

Jan 31, 2011
I'm sorry Screwball, but its pretty funny. Men really just have a hard time understanding the female mind. We think differently. We are all amateurs in that area. I don't think there was any insults intended. I went to a NSC clinic in Minneapolis a few years ago & Deb Hartwig reamed the male coaches for being asses to the young players. "You are ruining this sport" is what she said. She used the quote, "The difference between coaching boys and girls is, Boys are happy when they play well, Girls play well when they are happy". That comment gave me a starting point with my new 10U TB team.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA

men and women are wired differently. you can laugh about it or not.
life is too short not to find humor in our follies.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Just a note: That manual has to be that big to contain the pictures, so the males can understand it. However it has failed to improve the males understanding of the female mind due to the fact that the men keep looking for the centerfold photo and don't actually pay attention to the true meaning of the manual.:cool:

Mar 28, 2011
Why So Serious! I think that’s funnier then Heck!
It’s better to accept the obvious differences between the male and female emotional make-up. Actually once one embraces that concept, that reality, once one understands it to the best degree possible, then it makes it easier to have a cohesive relationship, whether that be between a husband and wife or a Coach and player. It is soooo true, that girls need to feel good to play good; boys need to play good to feel good. It points to, and is evidence of, our differing emotional make-ups. And this is indeed why my teams have been successful. I am not the best Coach in the world, that’s for sure. But one thing I do exceedingly well is find a way to make these girls feel good about themselves, as a result they play better. I’ve seen this time and time again, so far without exception. Speaking of exceptions, yes there are always exceptions out there. Not ALL girls are made the same way but we are talking about averages here. Call it a stereotype if you like; you still can’t change the facts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00