Montana Fouts needs to come here and learn that her palm has to be up at 9 o'clock

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
I'll wager that she doesn't have as many pitches as the average 12yo discussed here. :cool:

In reality, pitchers like her make an otherwise fast-paced and interesting game very boring to watch.

It is true that the Arizona batters mostly looked like cattle being marched off to the slaughterhouse. But I would be surprised if Fouts does that to every team she faces over the next few days.

Having said that, the OKS pitcher did make for a more interesting game since she was allowing mostly fieldable contact and the OKS defense was good.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
It is true that the Arizona batters mostly looked like cattle being marched off to the slaughterhouse. But I would be surprised if Fouts does that to every team she faces over the next few days.

Having said that, the OKS pitcher did make for a more interesting game since she was allowing mostly fieldable contact and the OKS defense was good.

The WCWS historically seems to be where good offense meets better pitching and defense. Arizona, like every other team there, has some good hitters. All appeared baffled by that 70+ mph rising fastball. Batters are hitting a buck eighty three against Fouts this year. If you're Fouts' parents, coach, team mate, or an Alabama fan, you love the K's, but to the softball fan wanting to see something happen, it's reminding me too much of what I don't like about MLB.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma

As an Oklahoma State fan, I think she makes the games a little TOO interesting :cautious:

Jul 5, 2016
Be honest..the reason for this is that you have watched so much 12U softball that anytime somebody makes contact your first reaction is to cover your eyes with your hands...

Ain't that the truth. I've seen too many games were it turns out that fieldable contact is actually an oxymoron.

Jun 8, 2016
Ain't that the truth. I've seen too many games were it turns out that fieldable contact is actually an oxymoron.
Honestly at the 12U level the one thing I don't see as being much different between top 12U teams and middle of the road 12U teams, is IF defense. I am talking PGF National finals teams vs. local A/high B teams here in OK. Hitting, yes. OF defense, sure. Pitching, for sure. But the footwork on most 12U IF, even for the best teams, seems to be lacking despite the good instruction that these top teams surely have. I am sure part of it is a coordination thing. Another part would be decision making (when to use the backhand vs. squaring it up, etc,etc) which takes some time. It starts to look better at 14U (for the good teams).

Got off topic..sorry.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal

When she it pitching well, I often wonder why batters don't just guess more(sit on the rise ball or drop ball and also take more pitches) because trying too see the ball and react isn't working. If the batter guesses wrong she will look bad but guessing might give the batter a puncher's chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad