Mojo Anywhere Balls vs. TCB Hole Balls: Who has used both?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
If you have used both, tell me what you think.

Our first year 12 team has been using the TCB Hole balls for three years, they have been hit and hit and hit, we use them at practices and pre-game before pretty much every game and are starting to get cracks around the holes. Our coach is a true veteran and used Jugs Bulldogs before. He is big on equipment but has a frugal streak a mile wide, and knowing this I mentioned the TCB's were starting to fall apart and asked if he would buy them again since they cost more. He said "Oh hell yes" which is exactly the first time I ever heard him swear or come close to swearing!

Anyway, I would like to hear opinions on the Mojo vs. the TCB. When I compare products I have a bit of a "get both" attitude… I am thinking a mix might be the ticket. WW.

Oct 10, 2011
I like the TCB balls better but the Mojo balls are great for indoors and we've squeezed them in some tight spaces when traveling. I have to say that I was impressed with the mojo balls, but DD doesn't like them at all. She wants to hit something a bit harder.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We use both and found that the Mojo balls fly a lot further than we anticipated, making them difficult to use for warms up in the outfield behind temporary fencing.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Mojo changed their name to The Anywhere Ball. It doesn't have quite the same ring. :) I can pitch The Anywhere Ball better, than the TCB ball with holes, outside. But, I have more uses for the TCB whiffle.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I own both. I prefer the mojos over the holey tcbs because the tcbs will flatten out and ride the barrel sending everything to left field even if it was hit perfectly.

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks Coach James.

One of the reasons I wanted to ask is I noticed the Anywhere Ball in your avatar, figured there was something you specifically liked about them.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The mojo ball can be soft tossed and hit directly onto a drywalled room with windows and no worries about breaking anything or hurting anyone. Love them. I think you can request a free one off their web site

Sep 22, 2013
I have both the Mojo balls and TCB hole balls. I think we get more use out of the TCB hole balls for outdoor warmups but the Mojo balls are great for inside and the girls seem to love to hit them and squeeze them, and steal them for me, etc. Buy them both as its always great to mix things up. The Mojos do fly pretty far but if they hit you they don't sting and you can pitch them real close without worrying about getting stung in the face. They work great indoors off a tee with an Insider Bat. Can hit them into the wall or better yet into a full length mirror. They are really light weight and can be packed down pretty tight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors