Lynkspyder vs The Fence Clip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I'm curious how the fence clip works on netting that is used at some fields. It took me bit but I finally have a stable mounting position for those fields. Basically instead of mounting like it is chain link, I pull the "claws" out instead of pushing in toward the bracket.

Jun 12, 2015
Thought I'd post an update since we used the Fence Clip this weekend.

Compared to the LynkSpyder, it is easier. I always fight with the LynkSpyder for at least 5 minutes which may be more about me than the product itself. It seems to take my DH significantly less time. But for me, the Fence Clip was a good bit easier to use.

It is a lot less flexible than the Lynk Spyder though. The LynkSpyder mount slides up and down and side to side. Usually you can get it adjusted to where there's a perfect, even picture and no fence in the shot. The Fence Clip just goes where it goes. Yes, it's adjustable, but not nearly as much or as easily. For this weekend's video when I edit it, it will take more adjustment - more zoom, more rotation, etc. Often with the LynkSpyder we hardly have to edit at all. Usually just a little zoom maybe and we're done.

So for us I think we'll continue to use the LynkSpyder when we're both at the same tournament. Now if the Fence Clip people ever change the mount part itself to slide forward and back and side to side, I think that will be make it more of a competition. For now though, I think the LynkSpyder is the winner. JMO :)

Apr 22, 2016
I was looking at the Fenceclip and see a few holes on the gopro mount side. I'm wondering if you take a dremel and make slots (left to right) to get rid of the holes so it's easier to slide it side to side?

Sep 23, 2016
Hello everyone! Late to the party, and attempting to resurrect an old thread...but wanted to let you know about a new option for recording games. It's called the Backstop Camera Mount (BCM-1), and my website is shown in my avatar.

I know Josh frequents this forum, and I have the utmost respect for him and the LynkSpyder. Just throwing my hat into the ring as another option.

Thanks!

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hello everyone! Late to the party, and attempting to resurrect an old thread...but wanted to let you know about a new option for recording games. It's called the Backstop Camera Mount (BCM-1), and my website is shown in my avatar.

I know Josh frequents this forum, and I have the utmost respect for him and the LynkSpyder. Just throwing my hat into the ring as another option.

Thanks!

Does your mount just hang on the fence, or is there a way to firmly clamp it to the wires?

Sep 23, 2016
Does your mount just hang on the fence, or is there a way to firmly clamp it to the wires?

It does just "hang", but the angled mounting bracket goes through the fence to provide stability. I've had direct hits to the bracket / mount from foul balls, and the mount didn't move. If you need more stability, you can use a bungee cord around the base of the pole that attaches to the fence also.

Does that help?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It does just "hang", but the angled mounting bracket goes through the fence to provide stability. I've had direct hits to the bracket / mount from foul balls, and the mount didn't move. If you need more stability, you can use a bungee cord around the base of the pole that attaches to the fence also.

Does that help?

Being that a pretty small movement of a carefully-positioned camera can easily put fence wire in the middle of the view, the lack of a firm/clamping connection has me hesitant, especially on some of the tweaked/bowed fences many of us have to deal with. If you haven't had an issue, that's good. However, the engineering side of my brain is struggling with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma