Leaping? Or replanting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
This link is game footage of Hillhouse in 1993.
Opposing pitcher was the Zack man.
Hillhouse won the game.
Watch how he uses his pivot foot at landing.
Does his technique in this game match the new legal method for women?

Thank you for that, but I couldn't see anything past those old Elbeco umpire shirts! :ROFLMAO:

Aug 21, 2008
This link is game footage of Hillhouse in 1993.
Opposing pitcher was the Zack man.
Hillhouse won the game.
Watch how he uses his pivot foot at landing.
Does his technique in this game match the new legal method for women?

Small correction but important distinction: I didn't win the game. The Seattle team beat the Toronto team. Sorry, I know what you're saying and I know I'm splitting hairs. But, I just never individualize myself like that. There's a group on Facebook called "Those were the days" which is entirely dedicated to men's fastpitch. Several thousand guys on there all talking about their careers, games, events, and reconnecting with each other. It's pretty awesome. But now and then a guy will come on and talk about his pitching. And it's pretty common for guys to say "I remember that team from (pick your town), I pitched against and beat them 3 times in 1984". And that just rubs me wrong. You beat them on your own huh? Your team didn't play defense or score you a run? lol. Sorry, I am picky like that but I understand your point. And I remember that game vividly. It must've been 105 degrees with no shade anywhere, even over top the dugouts. And what you saw was an absolute fluke, I doubt Darren Zack gave up 7 more runs over the entire season. He has the world record, 76 2/3 scoreless innings during the 1995 World tournament. He was unhittable.

Aug 21, 2008
Bill, here's an interesting article as to why you didn't see it in the men's fastpitch game, but why it might happen more frequently in the women's game.

Fascinating. I never knew women were more prone to these kinds of injuries.

Do a lot of female basketball, volleyball players have this problem with the ACL, there's certainly a lot of jumping in those games.

May 27, 2013

Do a lot of female basketball, volleyball players have this problem with the ACL, there's certainly a lot of jumping in those games.
Yes - basketball is one that leads to a lot of knee injuries for females.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014

"The incidence of female to male is 3.5 times greater in basketball and 2.8 times greater in soccer. The typical mechanism of injury is a rapid but awkward stop and anticipation of lateral movements."

Jan 22, 2011
Powerhouse Mechanics posted a video on Facebook of one of their pitchers yesterday. Hard to be 100pct sure from the camera angle on the backstop, but it looked like she was landing outside the pitching lane.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

And soccer players. Female soccer players are also much more likely to get a concussion than their male counterparts.

Aug 5, 2022

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles