Journey Update 1

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
My DD has a long way to go on her swing journey , but she has been working. Below is the starting point and then the current set of swings:

12/02/2012 01:54:48

1.3.13 - YouTube

Also , I ask that if you guys have GIFS , etc that you think I need to see , please just PM them to me. I don't mind hearing opinions and advice , but please don't clutter it up

Last edited:
given the angle it is hard to tell but it looks like she is stepping "in the bucket" pretty bad. Her stride seems a little exaggerated from the beginning almost like a one leg drill where you balance on one leg then hit but she leaves her hands back which is good I actually like her swing alot, looks like she is driving off the back leg well although some of that might be because all the weight is back there during the load she also looks really good at contact hitting inside of ball, lead arm bent against a strong front side, although her front side is not as strong as it could be because of the fact she is not in a straight line to the pitcher so it is off to the side slightly.

Again though overall a lot to like would appreciate the angle from behind to see how far off she is.

Jan 24, 2011
I will try and get that video later tonight. She has work to do still , but she seems to be hitting the ball much better than she did in the video above from early December

Oct 25, 2009
She looks good. The knee cock will really help; make sure she has plenty of practice with front toss/live pitch, for timing. She does appear to be stepping out a little. That's the main thing I see.

She appears to be pulling the bat more than throwing the barrel. She should throw the barrel.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
She looks good. The knee cock will really help; make sure she has plenty of practice with front toss/live pitch, for timing. She does appear to be stepping out a little. That's the main thing I see.

She appears to be pulling the bat more than throwing the barrel. She should throw the barrel.

She is stepping out a bit and is definitely pulling more than throwing the barrel. These are things we will continue to work at. For now , we primarily use the tee and front toss. May not add live pitching for a little while.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Cyclone
She looks to coil and sway back all together. Then stride out and swing together. She hurries to get the foot down to swing.

TRy this. Rest the bat on the shoulders. Keep it there. Coil back, then as you just start to fall forward, lift the bat off the shoulders and separate your hands back,or fall away from your hands.

Can you see how that would change the sequence?

Start out like the matrix drill. Do it in slow motion to start

Straightleg

Jan 24, 2011
Cyclone
She looks to coil and sway back all together. Then stride out and swing together. She hurries to get the foot down to swing.

TRy this. Rest the bat on the shoulders. Keep it there. Coil back, then as you just start to fall forward, lift the bat off the shoulders and separate your hands back,or fall away from your hands.

Can you see how that would change the sequence?

Start out like the matrix drill. Do it in slow motion to start

Straightleg

That might be something I will take a look at , but slow motion swings are always a disaster with her.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
You only do enough to feel/see the change

Have her do her current swing in a mirror, then what I suggested in a mirror
Once you get it, slow back then hard through. Just how we do it.
Just one way...not the only way

SL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06