Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Resisting? Or maintaining? What is resisting?

Pattar,

You asked for this. 😆

I got 1 hour til I gotta go. I’ll post as much as I can beforehand. Haha

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Good description. As a hitter is moving out, he is simultaneously resisting the move out in order to time the pitch. The resulting action is a lowering of the COM, or "getting SAT". As pattar states the tense implies that it is a result.

m8ftpzf.gif

I don't see that in the GIF swingbuilder posted to twitter. If anything she looks "stood" at the end of that sequence.

Here’s an example: does this look like a pro sequence? Honestly?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't see that in the GIF swingbuilder posted to twitter. If anything she looks "stood" at the end of that sequence.

Lol!! Nice play on words. At the beginning of the clip, maybe,. But as the clip continues, I definitely get a sense of a dropping COM. And I'm just focusing on what happens prior to and into launch.

Nov 16, 2017
I agree with this mostly. Energy is transferred front to back and then back to the front and then back again.

I don’t teach a toe touch. Artificial imo.

If your negative/forward move are done in balance. Toe touch isn’t a thing. The mass will be in position throughout. Aka ‘forward yet back’.

That is right toe touch really doesn't do anything however it is a "feel" queue to transition to the next phase of the swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Lol! To be honest pattar, I have been questioning why I even get involved in these discussions. There is so much misinformation that I cannot blame people for getting confused.

These boards were good for years.. IMO There is one reason why boardmember got
Basically it is getting "into" your (both) legs. Swingbuilder thinks it should be a result (I think) where some like TDS think it should be more of an active action in the swing.

Patter are you referring to the up-front actions being the cause of getting into the legs ? If yes I would agree.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
These boards were good for years.. IMO There is one reason why boardmember got

I agree. And it's a shame. I know TM's history and have seen some of his interactions with other people. I get it... I realize why some people don't like him. But he is not here. And he is no longer on BBD. Yet the squabbling continues. Almost as if people are arguing with a ghost. If people want to talk about hitting, I'm all for it. If people want to play childish games, please leave me out of it.

Not directed at you TDS. We have had some good conversations over the years.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Patter are you referring to the up-front actions being the cause of getting into the legs ? If yes I would agree.
I was really just suggesting that you and SB disagree about the process of sitting in a swing. Glad that you added context
to what I was saying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez