Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
They can if they are pushed or extended away from the body prematurely. Some of those clips that RD posted earlier... IMO what you are seeing is hand movement that is caused by body movement, during the phase that some refer to as "connection". They are not yet moving/extending away from the body. That is still in line with a "tight hand pivot point" and doesn't preclude TTB.

My point is, hands don't move on their own, there has to be something pushing, pulling or extending them. Which is a point I've made quite often, why so much focus on generating bat speed with our hands/forearms with TTB. They are just extensions of larger muscles which should be our major power source in a swing. Do I believe the hangs get the knob pointed in the right direction, absolutely. Are the hands used to help dictate direction, without a doubt. Do the hands and wrists help control tempo.. I think so. I'd consider them a pressure gauge, they are the lever ready to release an explosion into the ball. But the force that builds the pressure is the larger muscles of the body.. at the end of the day I know f#$% all, :), but that's also an advantage for me, I am open to a lot of different perspectives regarding the "how it's done".

May 3, 2014
Somehow lasering the knob through the ball is not handlecentric...more cherry picking. Control the handle control the barrel. Who talks about lasering constantly? Yes, it's Rich. Tony Gywnn talked about controlling the handle. No difference. Absolutely none. Overbaked is thinking the "core" will get the barrel to the ball above HS ball...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Somehow lasering the knob through the ball is not handlecentric...more cherry picking. Control the handle control the barrel. Who talks about lasering constantly? Yes, it's Rich. Tony Gywnn talked about controlling the handle. No difference. Absolutely none. Overbaked is thinking the "core" will get the barrel to the ball above HS ball...

Well I guess this @me since you didn’t quote me.

Please explain how/when this ‘lasering’ is taking place. Before or after the barrel gets turned ? Or during? Lol. It’s another revision because of the excessive dumping and lack of control is why he added lasering. Correct?

The core is something that connects the whole body and controls the efficiency of the swing. It provides a ‘boost’ to the hands to whip the barrel. It is the strongest part of the body so yeah it does power a HLS. It surely isn’t the back leg or the forearms.

But it’s really kinetics that power the swing. Swinging in sequence is what makes the swing go. Knob to the ball or turning as hard as we can will not get it done, when done alone. It’s kinda complicated but it’s not, if your vision hasn’t been blurred by barrels going backward and the nuclear pivot points slipping on banana peels... It’s not that hard to see.

It really is as simple as TMs rule:
Does it match??????????? His stuff doesn’t match. End of story. AJ strikes out 41% of the time. Almost half!!!

# GetaNewGuru#KeepSeqrching
#WhatsBehindDoorNumber2Bob

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The pros as well as REAL hitting instructors have put out plenty of material on how. Stop settling for second rate info and figure it out.

Here’s a few to get you going in the right direction:

Sequence:

Hand path:

https://twitter.com/playball/status/1087745014921416705?s=21

https://youtu.be/gK0dVS9_fWo
Approach:

https://youtu.be/ne_7xhj-Huc

Balance:
https://youtu.be/xBmqu2ilVGo

ALL of these things go against what TM preaches... go figure. Your welcome.

May 3, 2014
My lord, you and Tom must dream about Judge and Rich all night. Judge hitting .290. So he k's a lot. He also produces a lot of runs. BTW, that's his job. I love JDM, Betts, Trout, Turner, Votto, Altuve, Bregman, Yelich and a few of the Braves hitters. Not rooting against them because I have a love/hate with whoever has helped them.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
My lord, you and Tom must dream about Judge and Rich all night. Judge hitting .290. So he k's a lot. He also produces a lot of runs. BTW, that's his job. I love JDM, Betts, Trout, Turner, Votto, Altuve, Bregman, Yelich and a few of the Braves hitters. Not rooting against them because I have a love/hate with whoever has helped them.

Don’t hate anyone. AJ is the only example/student TM has that we can track. Nothing personal. You brought up Rich. Not me. Unless Kingery or Happ have gotten off the bench or back in the bigs??
Didn’t think so.
Strictly mechanics based. It doesn’t match. It’s not elite level mechanics. Period.

May 3, 2014
BTW, a college hitter just adapting to TTB named POW in her conference. I will tell her some guy on the internet thinks she should not settle for second rate info. I'm sure she will hit you up...

May 3, 2014
Don’t hate anyone. AJ is the only example/student TM has that we can track. Nothing personal. You brought up Rich. Not me. Unless Kingery or Happ have gotten off the bench or back in the bigs??
Didn’t think so.
Strictly mechanics based. It doesn’t match. It’s not elite level mechanics. Period.
You can't make a post w/o referencing him.

May 3, 2014
Kingery back to back games with HR's. Sure small sample but how many guys have you worked with do that in ML's?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For the record. I never used HI mechanics. It was wayyy too out there to fathom. But I tried Tewksburys stuff. It couldnt handle off speed. Tewks never explained why or how the swing worked. Turned me off. He wouldn’t sit still on an opinion. Bothered me. I got a pretty good BS meter. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom