Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2019
How much of the pitch velocity is due to the velocity of your body (which is what is seemingly, at least on the surface, slowed down due to the drag) vs the arm circle? 15-20%? More? Less? Also does dragging cause one to have less arm circle velocity? If so, why? Genuinely curious, not trying to start trouble 😀
I understand what you're saying. You have a point as far as arm circle speed. I don't think it slows down the arm speed. I don't see how. This is more about distance to the batter. If I am closer to the batter by 3 feet and my avg speed is 62mph you don't think I have and advantage. I'm just asking

Apr 8, 2019
So is that you saying the arm circle velocity is severely compromised by having to drag? The pitch velocity has two components, linear velocity of the body and linear velocity due to the arm rotation, add them together and you get the pitch velocity out of the hand.
nope, I never said that.

Sep 15, 2015
I guarantee you the comparison will not even come close.

These posts the last two days suggesting the leap makes a difference in terms of speed or stride length are total speculation. If you have a study or can even point to your own kid as an example where leaping increased velocity or stride length, please say so and tell us the quantifiable results. How many mph were gained or how much longer did the stride get?

As I said earlier, my kid tried this for about 800 pitches and it made no difference. She was slower and her stride length was the same. For sure no one is getting a foot or even six inches further out based on a leap (as opposed to a replant) of a few inches. It just doesn’t work that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2015
No.

This thread is long because Jordy Bahl is pitching illegally, all the time.

Not because people hate OU.
Not because people hate Patti Gasso.
Not because she's 14-0 or any other stat.
And no one is being parochial about it.

If you read through this thread, you will see strong arguments being made for amending the rules, which would make Bahl's pitching style legal.

So why don’t we have a 500 post Jala Wright thread?

IMG_1400.jpg

Apr 8, 2019
These posts the last two days suggesting the leap makes a difference in terms of speed or stride length are total speculation. If you have a study or can even point to your own kid as an example where leaping increased velocity or stride length, please say so and tell us the quantifiable results. How many mph were gained or how much longer did the stride get?

As I said earlier, my kid tried this for about 800 pitches and it made no difference. She was slower and her stride length was the same. For sure no one is getting a foot or even six inches further out based on a leap (as opposed to a replant) of a few inches. It just doesn’t work that way.

You're right. We need a study. You can't go off of a 1 person study. Why do you front toss from a closer distance?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I was talking purely in terms of reaction time.
That would also be dependent on the speed of the pitch. And would still be considered part of timing.

Closer is faster= less reaction time
Farther is longer= is why batters were given an advantage when they move pitching back to 43 ft.

Either way the pitch speed itself plays a factor.

Apr 8, 2019
That would also be dependent on the speed of the pitch. And would still be considered part of timing.

Closer is faster= less reaction time
Farther is longer= is why batters were given an advantage when they move pitching back to 43 ft.

Either way the pitch speed itself plays a factor.
Exaaaactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad