Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 1, 2021
I really don't understand the officiating in D1 this year. Bahl leaps on every pitch with no calls. Va Tech pitcher does the same, but very close to the ground. Va Tech pitcher gets called randomly today, yet never changes motion.

The lack of consistency is maddening.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Agree. And the game today was worse. They changed the outcome of the game with the calls. I guess they've chosen Lemley as the poster child for illegal pitches.
No matter how you feel about the rule, I don't know how anyone could watch this game and not feel like something needs to change.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Emma Lemley was illegal on every pitch, and she couldn't make the adjustments. Danielle Lawrie was right when she said they need to be equal and call it on every pitch or not at all.

Until the rules are changed, pitching coaches and pitchers need to learn to pitch by the rules.

Sep 1, 2021
Emma Lemley was illegal on every pitch, and she couldn't make the adjustments. Danielle Lawrie was right when she said they need to be equal and call it on every pitch or not at all.

Until the rules are changed, pitching coaches and pitchers need to learn to pitch by the rules.
Half of college pitchers are illegal on every pitch. We're sporadically calling the 4'' illegal pitches but ignoring the 1'' illegals.

Aug 21, 2008
After every series, coaches are given an evaluation sheet to fill out about the umpires and their performance over a weekend series. I also know some coaches, especially a highly respected coach with a top ranked team, has a lot of sway in which umpires officiate their games: especially games at home and most definitely non-conference games at home. I'm curious what'll happen at a "neutral" site like WCWS, if the IP's are called.

Feb 15, 2017
After every series, coaches are given an evaluation sheet to fill out about the umpires and their performance over a weekend series. I also know some coaches, especially a highly respected coach with a top ranked team, has a lot of sway in which umpires officiate their games: especially games at home and most definitely non-conference games at home. I'm curious what'll happen at a "neutral" site like WCWS, if the IP's are called.
So if Jordyn gets called can she adjust and still be as effective?

Aug 21, 2008
So if Jordyn gets called can she adjust and still be as effective?

Well, that's the million dollar question. Can she adjust? I'm pretty sure she can. The real question will be mentally. There's no way to know how things can effect a pitcher between the ears.

Jun 8, 2016
Well, that's the million dollar question. Can she adjust? I'm pretty sure she can. The real question will be mentally. There's no way to know how things can effect a pitcher between the ears.
She has been called multiple times in a game a few times this year with no real issue. Now if they start calling
it every pitch that might be a different story..

Feb 15, 2017
Given the chance it may happen, should she practice sans leap?

Jun 6, 2018
Jordy Bahl is 14-0 with 130 K’s over 78 innings with a .80 ERA. That is why this thread is so long.

That and the fact that she pitches illegally on over 90% of her pitches this year according to NCAA's rules with having to keep the drag foot in contact with the ground. And to those that want to say other pitchers do it I make 2 factual arguments, nobody is coming of the mound 2+ inches like she is and none do it on a consistent basis like she is. Also, nobody is getting out as far as she is before releasing the ball (the biggest factor for her high success).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55