Jen Schro catchers gear

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2024
My daughter currently uses the very best year but I am trying to see if that’s the best for her. She is 5 foot four about 160 pounds 12 years old. I want to get her something that’s the best quality. I have read on multiple places that piece items would be better. I would just like some feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 20, 2015
got DD the "Very Best" helmet and she likes it.......fit is good, hasn't taken much for shots with it yet, but it is set up well......hopefully the durability of the inside padding is good

she has the Force 3 chest & shins........they've been very solid, chest took a little getting used to, it is certainly stiffer than what she's used to......but also protects much better

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter used the Jen Schro gear for almost four years before making the switch to All-Star PHX gear this year. According to her, it is light years ahead of the JS gear.

Dec 11, 2021
DD has been using the Jen Schro for the last four years too. Last year she needed new gear and she tried on the All-Star gear but did not like the fit at all. The chest protector felt too narrow for her. Fine a place that will let your daughter try on the gear and have her move around a bit in it. I wish local places carried some of the other brands like Mizuno or EvoSheild, but those are online purchases only for us.