Issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
We did this with my DD thanks to SL suggestion about a year ago. That bucket comes in handy when it snows too...I put it in my trunk to weigh it down:) We did eventually go back to a "no-stride" approach which is working fantastic.

Multiuse bucket:D

When you dont use the bucket, I have a couple of boxes of playground chalk. I draw lines parrallel to the plate.
After they swing they can look down to see how they are doing with not stepping outward.

Tip on giving lessons
Even though I teach a stride swing, my daughter choose to hit with an early step out (pre stride) attack mode swing, starting her junior year in highschool, which turned her swing into a no stride swing (kinda)
I adapted to what she liked more.:)
She broke the school record for single season RBI's her senior year with 49, and that was missing 5 games with rain outs.

So it is not an absolute to have a stride swing....

SL

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
Multiuse bucket:D

When you dont use the bucket, I have a couple of boxes of playground chalk. I draw lines parrallel to the plate.
After they swing they can look down to see how they are doing with not stepping outward.

Tip on giving lessons
Even though I teach a stride swing, my daughter choose to hit with an early step out (pre stride) attack mode swing, starting her junior year in highschool, which turned her swing into a no stride swing (kinda)
I adapted to what she liked more.:)
She broke the school record for single season RBI's her senior year with 49, and that was missing 5 games with rain outs.

So it is not an absolute to have a stride swing....

SL

Do you mean she strides forward prior to the pitch? My DD opens by moving the front leg out. Her front leg goes out of parallel with the plate/strike zone.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Do you mean she strides forward prior to the pitch? My DD opens by moving the front leg out. Her front leg goes out of parallel with the plate/strike zone.

Yes. mine does not step in the bucket as they say. She steps straight out, maybe even alittle closed.
THen its just hip load and unleash

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Yes. mine does not step in the bucket as they say. She steps straight out, maybe even alittle closed.
THen its just hip load and unleash

SL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan