High School Softball - Board of Directors

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Any of y'all on the high school Board of Directors (or whatever you call it locally)?

Just curious if there's much documentation, a charter, etc. or the Board just makes decisions as issues come up.

Aug 6, 2013
Any of y'all on the high school Board of Directors (or whatever you call it locally)?

Just curious if there's much documentation, a charter, etc. or the Board just makes decisions as issues come up.
I am the Secretary of DD's High School Softball Boosters. Is that the "BOD" you are referring to? If so I am not aware of any documentation or charter. We do have meetings - mostly informal and make decisions as issues arise. There are standard items that happen every year like "parent dues" of like $5 to help start the funding for the year. We will usually have a beginning of the season parent meeting where one of the board members (usually the president) stands up and talks. Then we sponsor events, fund the team as needed and run fundraisers.

May 29, 2015
Not sure what you are referring to ...

... local rec league or organization?

... local school board?

... conference/league board?

... state NFHS association?

Feb 25, 2020
Ca.
Every high school has to have some form of bylaws that they must follow. If they don't, then the Boosters can be disbanded, broken up, and a new election will follow.

Aug 6, 2013
I'm sure there are bylaws for our Booster club somewhere. I mean we have officers and I'm sure that is outlined by some sort of document. It is just older than my tenure on the board and it is not something that is carried around by anyone.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Thanks all.

Our seems a bit loosey-goosey, but perhaps that's normal.
Ours is very loose. Going into my 4th year as President and can't find a replacement. We do our best to bribe volunteer parents with college scholarships. We gave out $12K this year. Not too bad for our lower economic demographic student body.

We give out $$$ highest GPA for each sport, Booster Scholarship for anyone who applies and fills in the boxes, Highest Class Rank for any student/athlete, And the big one which is $2500 for the student that embodies the "Tiger" spirit that are nominated by their coaches.

Oct 4, 2018
Ours is very loose. Going into my 4th year as President and can't find a replacement. We do our best to bribe volunteer parents with college scholarships. We gave out $12K this year. Not too bad for our lower economic demographic student body.

We give out $$$ highest GPA for each sport, Booster Scholarship for anyone who applies and fills in the boxes, Highest Class Rank for any student/athlete, And the big one which is $2500 for the student that embodies the "Tiger" spirit that are nominated by their coaches.

Uh, your bylaws clearly state you can only be President for 2 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06