Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
Cookout time :D

i've got a post-season opportunity to take more deer..........greenhouse/perennial farm my dad works at gets depredation permits......so we have a chance to score some post season deer; they allow you to keep one, then the rest go to Hunters for the Hungry

so if i deem my freezer in good enough shape, I'll do some funky cuts......leave a leg whole to brine and smoke, corn some roasts, make venison pastrami......

but i gotta see how the next two weeks shake out ;)

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
i've got a post-season opportunity to take more deer..........greenhouse/perennial farm my dad works at gets depredation permits......so we have a chance to score some post season deer; they allow you to keep one, then the rest go to Hunters for the Hungry

so if i deem my freezer in good enough shape, I'll do some funky cuts......leave a leg whole to brine and smoke, corn some roasts, make venison pastrami......

but i gotta see how the next two weeks shake out ;)
We had our rifle deer season in PA a couple of days after Thanksgiving. I got a small 6pt and a nice doe to show for my efforts. Wish I had a muzzleloader. Could have gone out again with our D-Map bonus.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2014
USA
The natural progression of things... I've said it before and I'll say it again, I miss the old days. Regarding DFP I miss the group of members that were regulars here back when I first discovered this forum. To me, they seemed like students (and in some cases faculty) of my school. I have been fortunate to meet a number of them in person and a few more via the phone. As my DD's journey's as players nears it's probable end I have to say I will surely miss much of what softball has meant to our family. Not just the technical aspect of the game but the mental, emotional and developmental side. The management and leadership roles that I have watched both DD's take on as well.

We still have the upcoming season (college Seniors) and they each have an extra year of NCAA eligibilty (damn Covid) that may or may not be taken advantage of so they are still deep into it. In fact as I write this they just finished up a Pitching/Catching session and then some hitting work (for anyone who has DD's away at college you know how great it is to be able to watch/help/Coach these sessions when your kid is home on break).

Anyway, I'm still hanging around DFP and imagine that like any addiction it will be sorta hard to break away from it completely but I can see that on the horizon. In the meantime I came on here to say Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you learned what you wanted or needed to in '23 and I hope you accomplish all that you set out to in '24! Cheers fellow DFP/Fastpitch addicts!!

May 27, 2013
The natural progression of things... I've said it before and I'll say it again, I miss the old days. Regarding DFP I miss the group of members that were regulars here back when I first discovered this forum. To me, they seemed like students (and in some cases faculty) of my school. I have been fortunate to meet a number of them in person and a few more via the phone. As my DD's journey's as players nears it's probable end I have to say I will surely miss much of what softball has meant to our family. Not just the technical aspect of the game but the mental, emotional and developmental side. The management and leadership roles that I have watched both DD's take on as well.

We still have the upcoming season (college Seniors) and they each have an extra year of NCAA eligibilty (damn Covid) that may or may not be taken advantage of so they are still deep into it. In fact as I write this they just finished up a Pitching/Catching session and then some hitting work (for anyone who has DD's away at college you know how great it is to be able to watch/help/Coach these sessions when your kid is home on break).

Anyway, I'm still hanging around DFP and imagine that like any addiction it will be sorta hard to break away from it completely but I can see that on the horizon. In the meantime I came on here to say Happy New Year to all of you. I hope you learned what you wanted or needed to in '23 and I hope you accomplish all that you set out to in '24! Cheers fellow DFP/Fastpitch addicts!!
Such a nice message, Tonk! I also miss several of those old posters and their contributions to this forum. I have learned so much and only try to give back and help through my experiences as best I know how. Things have definitely changed a lot over the past 10+ years. I can only hope that the newer members have a similar experience as we did.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Dec 11, 2010
I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!

I have truly enjoyed my time here on DFP but I am slowly moving on to greener pastures unrelated to softball. It’s just what happens as time passes.

My college senior daughter had her last hitting lesson before returning to school last Friday. I told a former DFP member whose friendship I value that I felt strangely un-sentimental about that. I don’t know how long I have been reading and posting here, but I am absolutely looking forward to stepping away from softball after this spring.

Here’s to a healthy, happy 2024 season!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
My DD is a sophomore in HS. What are the odds that by the time she finishes college ball there will be a real professional softball league? 10 to 1??? I really believe one very smart marketing guru (with money) could make it happen. Am I dreaming????

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hope everybody had a great new years!!

Yeah, unfortunately journeys do come to an end. Certain types of sites that have a lifespan just revolve with changing of the old guards. Parents with kids that no longer play anymore kinda disappear and new crew come in.

I do miss some of the old crew, thats for sure. I dont get to text as much as I would like to. Mostly because my life really never changes :D
Who wants to hear stories of my new roof and siding...hahaha

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
Nice there are long timers that have shared through their daughter's college softball experience! Good stuff within dfp for anyone starting out and moving along the journey!

Aug 1, 2019
MN
My DD is a sophomore in HS. What are the odds that by the time she finishes college ball there will be a real professional softball league? 10 to 1??? I really believe one very smart marketing guru (with money) could make it happen. Am I dreaming????
Possibly Musk has a daughter(s) interested in softball? He could easily own three teams; the Rockets, the Shockers (or Chargers), and the X-Women.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles