Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Gloves have taken a back seat, so I'm down to just 3 or 4 hobbies now!
I actually own a commercial grade slicer that I got when a supermarket chain went bankrupt a few years ago. It's a pain in the butt to lug out, but it's great for cutting roast beef and other large cuts of meat.

My family is rather large, so Christmas dinners average 30+ people.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Okay, I'm open to the idea of getting a new set of steak knives. Since you're out resident expert on the topic, I'm open for suggestions and recommendations.
Steak knives are the one thing I haven't spent any real money on, we have a fairly inexpensive wooden block of six Chicago Cutlery steak knives. I keep them touched up and they work fine. I hand wash them and the wood handles still look pretty new.

I'll spend the real money on my prep knives, like that Japanese Santoku. Sorry, I'm really no help.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Steak knives are the one thing I haven't spent any real money on, we have a fairly inexpensive wooden block of six Chicago Cutlery steak knives. I keep them touched up and they work fine. I hand wash them and the wood handles still look pretty new.

I'll spend the real money on my prep knives, like that Japanese Santoku. Sorry, I'm really no help.
Mine are from our bridal registry in 2001, so they're really full now. I couldn't even cut a nice NY Strip steak last night.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
These are nice.
My wife likes the Henkels sets. I think she wants a full set with the block, but with the way she cooks, it's probably a waste of money. The woman could burn water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01