Group question, help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I've thought several times how to attach a fine sandpaper disc on the side/toward the front of the pitcher's leg just below the hip bone (wherever the hand would pass by on a pitch), and another piece of sandpaper on the side of the hand just below the pinky. If they are keeping that hand in close to the body like they should, the sandpaper pieces make contact, giving a nice audible "shhhp!" to reinforce they did it right.
Haven't pursued it any further, yet. Maybe a snug leather glove with four fingers cut off can substitute for sandpaper on the hand.

Jun 8, 2016
I've thought several times how to attach a fine sandpaper disc on the side/toward the front of the pitcher's leg just below the hip bone (wherever the hand would pass by on a pitch), and another piece of sandpaper on the side of the hand just below the pinky. If they are keeping that hand in close to the body like they should, the sandpaper pieces make contact, giving a nice audible "shhhp!" to reinforce they did it right.
Haven't pursued it any further, yet. Maybe a snug leather glove with four fingers cut off can substitute for sandpaper on the hand.
I could get a student here to rig up something which sensed if the arm circle is off and if not it gives the student, who is wearing a collar, a shock..Good idea or nah?

Jan 20, 2023
I could get a student here to rig up something which sensed if the arm circle is off and if not it gives the student, who is wearing a collar, a shock..Good idea or nah?

I would be more effective if you had a sleeve that would shock them on the part of the arm that went off course.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
My first thought went to Ghostbusters where Bill Murray keeps shocking his male student even when he guesses correctly but doesn't shock the cute girl even though she gets nothing right.

Jun 8, 2016
My first thought went to Ghostbusters where Bill Murray keeps shocking his male student even when he guesses correctly but doesn't shock the cute girl even though she gets nothing right.
I’ll make sure it has no “attractiveness bias” before going to market (that will require it to be tested on somebody else besides me..)

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Looking at the picture I have to ask, do you think the issue is that the upper arm is too far away or that it is more in excessive elbow bend/flex? She looks to have a lot of bend in the elbow.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles