Glove relacing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Saw on IG that Dan Davis is stepping away from glove lacing. Just wondering who you all trust to do this?

Dan was top notch and will miss him, every glove I sent him came back better than new.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Saw on IG that Dan Davis is stepping away from glove lacing. Just wondering who you all trust to do this?

Dan was top notch and will miss him, every glove I sent him came back better than new.

Dan is awesome, I sit on a grassy hill with him at one of his sons baseball camps, watched him lace up my Horween NP7, it was pretty incredible watching him almost never look at that glove while working on it....trust me, that ain't me!

I probably hung out with him for 2 hours that day, very interesting guy to talk to! This is a man who has seen every glove you can imagine, he was pretty "blah" on that NP7, he point blank said he's not the biggest fan of the NP pattern. :mad: As I was leaving I told him I had something in my car so we walked up to the parking lot together.

I handed him my old Don Morton pinky patch Horween Pro12TC.....his face lit up!! He took several pictures of it and made a video and uploaded it on his IG account, he held on to that one for a few minutes!

I like Dan but that NP7 is the only glove he's ever worked on for me before. My guy is Jeffrey Rous in DFW Texas, not because one guy is better than the other, Rous is just the first guy I ever used and we go wayyy back, fantastic guy who also does incredible work!

Funny, Dan is a MS math teacher and Rous is a Econ professor at a university, two teachers who work on gloves?

Dan is going to be sorely missed, no telling how many customers he has?

Mar 9, 2018
George at gloverelace.com is incredible. He's done several gloves for me...fast, friendly, very reasonably priced

May 7, 2015
SoCal

absolutely, THE most therapeutic thing out there relacing an old but good glove. There is so much info on how to do it, but mostly it comes down to a little problem solving on how the laces move through the glove. I've done about 10 gloves all the way down to redoing pocket adhesive. Haven't ventured into repairs.

Icing on the cake is when you realize that almost all gloves are really really similar.

Also, never understood how glove relacing costs so little. It's a lot of work to do it right.

Nov 18, 2015
Funny, Dan is a MS math teacher and Rous is a Econ professor at a university, two teachers who work on gloves?
And I do see @pattar in the glove forums quite frequently. Maybe he's getting ready to start his side-hustle?

"Pattar's (Very Specific) Glove Shop - If it's not 11.5" or less, it's crap!" :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anyone who knows me knows I tend to be a little stupid when it comes to glove lace!

Rous recently re-laced the DFP glove of the year 😉 in Glovesmith lace, gotta say, it’s some more killer lace!
E7A30A08-CCBA-43A7-B016-AB7B551D62A6.jpeg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And I do see @pattar in the glove forums quite frequently. Maybe he's getting ready to start his side-hustle?

"Pattar's (Very Specific) Glove Shop - If it's not 11.5" or less, it's crap!" :)
Aint NO WAY Patter is going to sit down and spend hours relacing a glove :D

Just see him getting pissy and launching the glove...hahahaha

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish