First Home Run!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
Awesome!! Brag away!!

Not sure mine will ever do that, she's sort of small, but she has hit the fence before so maybe? Believe me, you guys will know if she does!! LOL!

Apr 11, 2012
very nice! I wouldn't think she's a Georgia full ride lock quite yet, but that's how schools get interested in a player and she's a heck of alot closer to that scholarship now than before the exposure event, so congrats to your daughter....I too love the first ever HR stories and that's a pretty good one...

IMO, once a girl learns they can do it, there will be some more HR's to come....it's almost a mental thing rather than physical one...my DD is 5'4" and 125 lbs. as a 15 YO right now.....but as a 14 YO, she had many shots off the fence, but became convinced she couldn't hit a HR....but after hitting her first one last fall, she's hit 5 more out since then and now believes that a pitcher better careful when she's up...it really gave her some added confidence....

Sep 18, 2011
very nice! I wouldn't think she's a Georgia full ride lock quite yet...

Yeah, it's been 24 hours and no offers. What a disappointment. Apparently those coaches have seen a home run before. :) Still in eighth grade. Plenty of time.

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, it's been 24 hours and no offers. What a disappointment. Apparently those coaches have seen a home run before. :) Still in eighth grade. Plenty of time.

yeah maybe and absolutely on the "plenty of time" thingy....but like I said, that's how it starts and they may have added her to their "watch" list though....again, congrats! It's always a very proud moment for a parent to see their DD hit their first real HR....do let us know about #2...

Sep 18, 2011
It's always a very proud moment for a parent to see their DD hit their first real HR....do let us know about #2...

But of course I didn't get to see it (see original post). Typical. My wife called me with the news as she was searching for the ball (went over fence, down a hill and into the woods). Heard from another parent that while my wife went to look for the ball, one of the coaches did walk up and grab our team's recruiting brochure. Could have been a coincidence but who knows? Next tourney is indoors in two weeks - hoping she hits one out while I'm there. :)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2010
But of course I didn't get to see it (see original post). Typical. My wife called me with the news as she was searching for the ball (went over fence, down a hill and into the woods). Heard from another parent that while my wife went to look for the ball, one of the coaches did walk up and grab our team's recruiting brochure. Could have been a coincidence but who knows? Next tourney is indoors in two weeks - hoping she hits one out while I'm there. :)

It's too bad that you weren't there to see it, but on the other hand, how nice that Patrick Murphy, Lu Harris Champer?, Tina Deese?, etal, were there for it. --and over the fence, down the hill and into the woods sounds like it was a heck of an impressive blast!

Congrats to your daughter!

Sep 18, 2011
2012nov11-atlanta-1297.jpg

Received this pic from teammate's dad. Nice job of capturing the joy of the moment. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd