Could/would you walk away? (not what you're thinking)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
Ray, I would need help. I guess I see things differently. At most parks, there is a walking area between the backstop and the bleachers. While people put their chairs there to view the game, it is still a place where fans of both teams hang out. SamG had the right to stand there as did anyone else. The problem escalated when the fan of the other team physically placed his hands on SamG. SamG, you are a better man than I. That person and myself would have gone to jail the second time he touched me. I'm not saying I'm right or that I'm some tough guy. I am saying that you had the right to stand there and that you have the right to defend yourself when attacked. As always when I post, keep in mind that I'm not normal.

I agree that people are being a little rough on SamG. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything in the first place but the other guy had no right to get physical. To say that he was lucky it only went as far as it did is ridiculous. If someone thinks it's reasonable to shove someone when they mention the batter's foot position, then they're the one who needs help.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned. If you notice something, either mention it to your coach or say nothing.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If someone thinks it's reasonable to shove someone when they mention the batter's foot position, then they're the one who needs help.

Of course you are correct but getting into a fight with them will not resolve anything. Their Issues are above my pay grade.

I would prefer not to tell my DD to bail me out of jail on her way home.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
I agree that people are being a little rough on SamG. Maybe he shouldn't have said anything in the first place but the other guy had no right to get physical. To say that he was lucky it only went as far as it did is ridiculous. If someone thinks it's reasonable to shove someone when they mention the batter's foot position, then they're the one who needs help.

Hopefully it's a lesson learned. If you notice something, either mention it to your coach or say nothing.

I don't think anyone has said that the other guy had any right to touch SamG, But I do believe that standing behind him and telling the ump to pay attention to their batter's foot position was asking for trouble. Maybe the ump was already watching her feet. What would have happened if the ump called the batter out on the next pitch? Would the other guy have just said "Oh gee, I guess you were right.", or picked up his chair, and hit you over the head with it? Yes, it could have been a lot worse.

We may not be able to controll other people's behavior, or even predict their reactions, but we can prevent situations of this sort by just not provoking them in the first place. There are lunatics everywhere. We all know some of them, it's the ones we don't know that you have to watch out for. JMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA