Buying my daughters new bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2013
Sounds like they are only a couple of months old.

It was a quick estimate. May be 5-6k. We got them last summer. They take a couple hundred cuts give or take every practice 2X a week, plus school ball this spring every day practice, plus games, and work they do at home. Sheesh...when I put it that way, it's likely to be wayyyy more than what I said to start. Lol

Jan 20, 2015
Indiana
Got my DD the 2015 LXT when she hit a spurt and out grew her Xeno that she loved and now she LOVES the LXT, and it is a really really nice bat. Suoer hot, swings nice and balanced. We did opt for the drop 9 model and it is serving her well so far. Really likes the bat. Agree with earlier post if you go with any of the major mfg your getting a nice bat, our area is big time LS territory some demar but LS dominates but then again we are only 10 miles from Louisville KY !

Jul 6, 2013
Older DD had the 14 LXT and didn't like it. Went back to xeno. Was thinking about getting her the Miken Freak Black. For some reason, I'm liking the sound of that bat. Everyone seems to like them. Never even seen one up close. Lol. The younger DD has been hitting very well with her xeno, so thinking of just going back with another one for her, but they going to be a while.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Older DD had the 14 LXT and didn't like it. Went back to xeno. Was thinking about getting her the Miken Freak Black. For some reason, I'm liking the sound of that bat. Everyone seems to like them. Never even seen one up close. Lol. The younger DD has been hitting very well with her xeno, so thinking of just going back with another one for her, but they going to be a while.

Keep in mind that the MFB is gong to feel more like an LXT than a Xeno. The MFB is balanced, the Xeno is slightly end-loaded.

IMO, unless there is a compelling reason to change, new Xeno is probably a very good call.

Jun 15, 2011
When you say new xeno are you referring to the xeno plus, or the '15. I think the '15 is going for $200 now. Any feedback on the xeno plus? Looking into this bat for DD. DD currently swinging '14 lxt and sounds like glass and has small sweet spot. Maybe still needs broken in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors