Buying my daughters new bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2013
Both of my daughters currently swing xenos. They like them and have had success with them. But both have a ton of swings on them. Like a ton. Think it's time to get some new ones. This will be one of those purely subjective things, I know, but I'm looking for recommendations from you folks. Size, sweet spot size, pop, weight, etc. One is swinging a 31/21 and the other a 32/22. Will buy both from Core by the end of the week if he has em! So, let's hear what you think!!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
All I can say is that in my area, almost everybody swings either the Xeno or the LXT.

Both of my girls swing LXTs, DD#1 also has a Xeno and #2 has a Mako Torq as a second bat. Neither of the backup bats get used in games. They love their LXTs.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Both of my daughters currently swing xenos. They like them and have had success with them. But both have a ton of swings on them. Like a ton. Think it's time to get some new ones. This will be one of those purely subjective things, I know, but I'm looking for recommendations from you folks. Size, sweet spot size, pop, weight, etc. One is swinging a 31/21 and the other a 32/22. Will buy both from Core by the end of the week if he has em! So, let's hear what you think!!

If they love their Xenos then I would just go ahead and buy them more Xeno's. Great bats.

You are right - for the top bats it is more a religious battle than anything really factual. If you are going high end LS, Demarini, Easton or Worth (well some Worth's anyway), you are getting a great bat.

Most of my DD's team are swinging Xenos, with 2 Demarini's and 1 Easton.

Can't pry my DD's Demarini out of her hands... She has the 'Hope' one so it was Purple like her teammates Xeno's....

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Are they moving up a bat size? I would suggest having your DDs hit a teammates new Xeno and/or LXT to see if they think it has more pop. Unless they are moving up a size I would be hesitant to buy a new bat just for the sake of buying a new bat while they are still growing.

Jul 6, 2013
Well, they probably both could stand to go up. And they have probably have 2-3k swings on each. Plus, they both get straight As every year so that is my deal with them. They'll save me a bunch in college tuition and I'll buy them a new bat (or whatever) every year.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Our girls love the LXT'S. Would definitely try one out to see if they liked it. Mine went from a 31/21 CF5, to a 33/23 without a lot of trouble.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My DD has CF6 32-10(slightly used) that doesn't see the light of day since she got the 2014 LXT 32-10. I am in sort of a dilemma now. When I bought it last fall, she was 5'5", now she's 5'8"!!! I am hesitant to go 33-10, only because her current LXT is seems to be "opening up." I hit two over the fence on the accident at practice on Sunday with little or no effort. I was just trying to hit a nice pop fly to the outfielder but it got away. Must have found that sweet spot. But, that extra inch with her new found height could be a difference maker.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors