Bringing an all star team together - cohesion?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
As long as you update us right?

My rep teams were like this and there was one club that supplied players that could not shake club affiliations aside. I was always the only player from my club and I was thankfully friendly with the rest of the team, but it's tough. I had one comment made, on the diamond 'Oh look we're all ClubName in the infield. Except Lozza'

Two practices is dang hard to create a team with. Especilly if there's THAT many pitchers and catchers. I would sit the girls together before the games and talk to them. Other than that at this point with too many p&c and different uniforms it's going to be hard.

I would encourage you to have the parents buy same colored Tees for the next tournament and iron numbers on them. It's basic but the same color shirt makes a difference.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
The girls have never played or practiced at this pace, 6 pitchers, 6 catchers and one shortstops on the team, ...QUOTE]

I may be naive, but I never understood why all-star teams are typically pitchers and catchers only. I witnessed very good catchers playing outfield that can't run down a ball to save their life. I feel bad for the girls, because it's not their fault. The skill set for outfield is very different than the skill set for catcher. Ditto for pitcher vs. outfield. I'm not saying that a pitcher or catcher can not be good at outfield, because some of them are. But to select a girl for the all-star team because they are good at catcher and then have them play outfield (which they are not good at) seems very unfair to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles